1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MUD FLAPS ISSUE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vinz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I was shown two types of mudflaps, one the orignal ones costing 550rs or so, but required holes on body and with screws seen from sides. There was other local one, didnt required screws from outside, rather it had some screw mounts on the inner side. Its holding good for me from last 18 months or so, no issues at all.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Drive without mudflaps.
    Mudflaps spoils the looks of car. OEM mudflaps are like mudflaps of buses and truck
    Also there is a advantage of driving without mudflaps specially in rains, car behind you will not come too close to behind of your car. ::D
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Without mud flaps : Punto looks great, but mud gets accumulated around the running board and front lower wheel well, sometimes the ORVM as well. While cleaning if you are not careful it can result in scratches. The rear mudflaps are literally useless, except for the ones coming behind us.

OE mudflaps are better quality materials since less dirt is accumulated on it compared to the cheaper more rubberish flaps I have seen.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i also lost one mud flap.they keep on brushing speed breakers besides they spoil the look of the car too. so i have removed all now. even 800s have better mud flaps.
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @ansal : i had ordered for those mud-flaps last Sunday [ 30th Jan ] . I should be getting them through courier today ..
    I paid Rs. 605 /- [ Rs. 455 + 150 ] .. Now the price has increased .

Would comment on the quality and fittment after receiving it !!!!
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Unless the grooves fall in correctly the fitment will not be perfect, hope you get them right. And do post the pictures after its fitted, I too feel the need for a better set of mud flaps.
  8. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    I had a constant problem with the mudflaps coming loose at the begining. Got help from a local mechanic who has replaced all the screws on the flaps and it has never caused a problem ever since. I hate these mudflaps as they always rub along the speed breakers. Saw a cool looking set at ebay but they are way too expensive :(
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Just got hold of the mud flaps from vicky.in ... these are the same mud-flaps which fiat is providing [with " for use in punto " written on it ] ,,,, these are not the moulded type ..

:eek:fftopic Anyone in search of brand new fiat mud-flaps can PM me .... :anyone
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Thats not good. They look like moulded ones in the picture shown.