1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MUD FLAPS ISSUE

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vinz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. vinz

vinz

IXE
    hello
    :redcar Does anybody have issue with mud laps on FIat Grande Punto.
    As i do have it due 2 bad roads and ground clearance. while reversing i lost 3 of my four mud flaps with in few months. this year i have replaced all with new but it dont think it will last. the depth is too much for my roads and its not flexible so it comes out easily when touchin ground. :confused . Tata service said there was lot of fight about this issue with customer. :evil:
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    One thing you can do is reduce the length a bit by cutting it ::V . Its made of a rigid plastic which easily gets teared. But I didt lose any mud flap completely
  3. I have driven my Linea for almost 25000 kms with the original mudflaps and i dint have any issue except for the scrapping noise it made while climbing speed breakers.

May be i was lucky !!!

FIAT is redesigning the the mudflaps to moulded ones which should be available soon.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

I have heard this for the last 3 months. Where did this news item originate. I have enquired about these at at least 5-6 dealers and no one knows. People know bout the 1.6 plans, cng plans but nothing as small as this.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    ODO of my Linea reads 34,000+ kms & Mud flaps are absolutely intact. In fact, have not heard this issue from anyone till date.
  6. vinz

vinz

IXE
    yes if u drive on normal roads u will never have any issue with it but if u drive like a off roader and bad roads with road variations , then yes u may face this prob. if u drive on a normal road. u can do100k kms without any issue. even the tyres will last longer compared to our roads here.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Spotted a Punto with normal looking mudflaps a few days back and clicked a photo (not good quality though). Download this pic and zoom it. Have seen at least one more with similar mudflaps.

Photo-0553.jpg
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Cant make out the difference while zooming, gets too blurred. May b they are after market ones. Are the moulded ones available aftermarket ??
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First set of mud-flaps I got as freebies. When one fell down, i immediately bought new set.
    But after few months, one got loose again. The mud-flaps somehow does look good to me from start. Now I have removed all now. I like Punto without mud-flap. But in rainy season it is useful, so I hope new moulded flaps comes before next rainy season.
  10. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    yes this are available on ebay i saw this mudflaps couple of days before der on site