1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Moving to Chennai on transfer - Suggestions/Help needed

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by lowflier, Jun 10, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are most welcome lowflier. You can reach out to me always.

If I am not worried about the budget, nothing better than staying in and around Adyar :). Adyar, Thiruvanmiyur and Besant Nagar has got some unique charm always. It's my take though.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ram, Murugan Idli shop at Basant Nagar is also a plus point :D
    1 person likes this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    If it's Chennai,the best option would be to pay the rental amount as EMI and buy a flat and when you move out on transfer,it would have doubled in value and you can carry the change!!!(Chennai is the best appreciating real estate market in the country,Hyd and Cochin being the worst),just my HO.
    3 people like this.
  4. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Yes Ramjn I have heard about Adyar will definately check it out. Sungoa, you seem to know too much about the interiors of Chennai. Been there done that ? Bala - is that true ? May be I should start consulting some builders ;) Well, my organization doesnt pay us so much so that we can buy a house wherever we go. If only they did I would have had three flats in my name and that too in three states :dance
    1 person likes this.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,that's true lowflier(why do people stick on to some strange Ids, a name,at least a short one would do!).
    Say,for example,in the area you are looking at your rental will be 30k for a 2bhk 1000 sq ft appartment.Add another 20 k,pay the EMI and own the flat!!!!,very simple.There are at least 5 builders you can buy from with eyes closed in Chennai-golden homes,akshaya,naveen,doshi and Dugar.
    For renting a house,buy a TOI paper once you land in Chennai,call the people who had given advt,voila,you have a house for rent.Don't ever seek the guidance of brokers,they will rob you.
    Ask Teky for guidance,he will help you.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  6. pkarthiga06

pkarthiga06

chennai
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't know if you are well aware of the localities in Chennai. If not, first try to do some research on the areas and the shortlist your choice.
    Some of the hot areas where many new projects are on are,
    Kelambakkam, OMR
    GST Road
    Oragadam

Other than this if you like to remain within city limits, look at Velachery, Medavakkam and till East Tambaram.
  8. Guys I've got a similar query regarding registration. If i have to move to a different state for educational purposes, like for a period of two years, and if its far away and coming to KL every weekend gets impossible, what's the solution to be on the safer side? I've been hearing lot of terms like NOC, road tax payment etc. but i definitely don't want re-registration.
  9. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Well, you need not go back every weekend. Make it a point to visit once in 3 months, even if you dont visit your hometown a different state will also do. Not to forget, retain the fuel bills and toll reciepts you get in the other state. These work like a charm - I am here in Chennai for the last 3 and a half months and a cop stopped me once and that too a week ago. He asked me to prove it and I just showed those fuel bills and it worked, I was fined for the tinted rear windshield though.