1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Moving from Chennai to Pune. Pay LTT Maharashtra? Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Whencut86, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi,

I am moving from Chennai to Pune and also plan to drive my Linea Tjet with me to Pune. Have a few queries.

1. Is it better to drive down to Pune from Chennai. Due to recent protests in Karnataka, I am planning to reach Hyd and stay there at night and start to Pune next day. Any suggestions for route and good roads in this stretch?

2. Google search led me to news snippets on crackdown by Pune cops on other state vehicles few years back. Can I drive an other state vehicle without getting caught in Pune for initial months. Planning to pay the lifetime tax and drive with TN registration. Heard it is possible in Maharashtra. Any suggestions on this? Can I do it personally with the Pune RTO without involving any agent?

Mods, please move this to appropriate thread if this is the wrong one.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if its just for few months,you can manage traffic police or within this few months if you cross over Maharashtra border then manage to keep diesel/toll bills and manage in words. i think govt norm says if you stay more than 30 days then lifetime tax is applicable(refundable i guess).
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Whencut86 , there shouldn't be any problems in driving down to Pune. Pune hyd patch is quite ok, offcourse with some nasty stretches in between.

If planning for long term movement, sure you can pay life time tax here and can drive with TN reg. My father has done the same for our Chhattisgarh registered Indica in Vashi, new Mumbai.

Depending on where you are moving in Pune/pcmc, u can plan. If pcmc is the area, please go with agent. Have no experience for Pune rto.
  4. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    not for a few months. Switching jobs and so will be there for a few years.

Thanks. Will try doing that. What is PCMC btw? I plan on staying in AUndh/Khadki area.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Whencut86 : PCMC covers Pimpri and Chinchwad areas. I also put up at Aundh. Aundh/Khadki would be under PMC (Pune Municipal Corporation.