1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nightcrawlers: 4.5/5 .
    starting is a bit slow showing the life of a petty thief and then pace picks up, moves on his change in career. it shows how the world works now, i could relate it to many people around me, life is a shrewd business where there is no compassion when it comes to survival !

Fault in our stars- 4/5
    pretty emotional movie . story is kind of PS: I love you. 4 because, storyline could have been better !
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Any body watched Furious 7, is it worth watching on theater?
    How's Jason Statham's show here?
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Just back from Fast and furious 7. Wow I never knew that tollywood movies can influence directors from Hollywood.
    So what did I learn from the movie
    1) cars can fly
    2) people can survive head on crashes without airbags, god damm it why is modi govt mandating airbags they should watch this movie.
    3) if you are rich you can park cars in pent house alas you can't protect them anyways.
    4) you might have heard of ATV, SUV, MUV types of vehicles so far but this movie opened the market for MTV (Mountain Terrain Vechile's )
    5) God's eye what a concept this is a horrific reality if at all it comes to existence and with the way the world is moving there is a good chance that this can be real in future.

My personal rating 3/10 1 each for the masarati, bugati and the custom all american muscle car.
    Bala, asimpleson and pabhishek like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Lol @PradeepM , that left me in splits! I should watch it online now, rather than paying :bored::shifty:
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the tamil movie RAJATHANDHIRAM
    Quite sleek for the cost it is made.
    It should not have cost more than 75 l to make this movie but the end product on screen is neat.
    A rare heist movie in Tamil,if made on a large scale in English,could become the Mission impossible 4 !
    If you forego logic,quite watchable.
    Heroine looks pretty.
    3 out of 5 stars.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 1, 2015 ---
    Watched the Tamil movie ENAKUL ORUVAN.
    There is no market in Tamil for movies on mental illness,kadhal konden was a rare exception.Knowing that pretty well,if the producer had gone ahead to make this movie,it should only be to convert his black money into white and show losses.
    Honestly,I did not understand the story,was the hero dead in the end,did he jump off the terrace,did the heroine kill him?,beyond comprehension of my limited iq.
    It becomes necessary to watch the kannada original lucia to know that.
    About this movie..loose ya.
    ? Out of 5 stars.
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
  6. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Movie: Uthama Villain(Tamil)
    Watched at: Satyam Cinemas

The movie is supposed to be a melodrama but some how it failed to connect. The story of Kamal's personal life on the film is crude. Overall story is also poorly conceived and executed. Kamal's dance in the first song looked odd and uncomfortable, and on quite a few scenes, he overacts.

Music is very average except for one song, and BGM was below average too. Female leads selection was also poor.

On the brighter side, cinematography was good and the color of the film was also good.

Rating - 1/5, 1 for cinematography and for Kamal's performance in some of the scenes.

Movie: Oh Kadhal Kanmani(Tamil)
    Watched at: Satyam Cinemas

The script is offensive to the society. Yes, media might project pre-marital sex at will, has the in-thing these days, but I find it not, at least in Tamil Nadu. Nithya Menon was tried to be projected as bright and intelligent, but she appeared crazy, which most city bred women are nowadays, thanks to the feminism propaganda by the media. She performed well though, in fact it is her film all throughout. The guy who performs as hero starts off well in the initial scenes but falls flat in the remaining of the film.

Mani Ratnam's dialogue writing has to be appreciated, it is crisp, witty and packs a lot of punch, and this trademark continues throughout the film.

Music by Rahman is top notch, yes people say it is not like Alaipayuthey, but if you listen to recent songs that have been coming out, you will feel Rahman is still way ahead. Have to say that the orchestration and music arrangement in each song is very rich, complex and phenomenal. What else can be expected from someone who has all the music awards in the world.

Cinematography is good too, but being a film made on limited budget, PC Sreeram was left to get contended with the flats and the railway station.

The theater was packed with young people and for most songs and scenes there was loud cheer. The young crowd went crazy for the Mental Manathil song, goes to show the greatness of Mani and Rahman for being still in vogue at their age, no wonder they are called Legends of Indian cinema

Rating - 2.5/5, 1 for Nithya Menen, 1 for Rahman, .5 for Mani Ratnam's dialogues.
    bharath, asimpleson and Bala like this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry to hear this. But, I loved the movie and will be in the list of Kamal's best movies. And looking forward to watch again. :)
    cliffhanger likes this.
  8. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Movie: Papanasam
    Watched at: Idream Cinemas

Some time back I watched Drishyam and posted a review here that I wasn't impressed(probably due to language barrier). With Papanasam getting released, I had to go watch the movie as I have decided I'm not going to miss any of the movies of Kamal and Superstar from here on, as both these last of the legends are in the final leg of their journeys.

While I was totally disappointed with Uthama Villain, this film was like euphoria. An incredibly written and crafted film.

The screen writing is incredible and the execution equally incredible. This is a complete director's film and the kind of screen writing he has done just boggles the mind.

Kamal was like icing on the cake and he makes sure that the film completely bowls over the audience. Fine, detailed and performance with depth from Kamal.

The cast, technical crew and everyone involved appeared that they realized that they were working with a legend called Kamal and it showed in their dedication and meticulous performances.

Rating - 5 stars (5 stars just to the director)
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Where is I dream cinemas
    Is that the Sathyam ?
    Have they opened the multiplex at Vijaya forum mall ?
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Watched quite a sizeable number of movies last month, found some good ones too.
    Few which I liked were - Best Man Down, Silver Linings, He is not that into You, Hunger games(1&2), Crazy Stupid Love,Larry Krowne and much more :)