1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I watched the Tamil movie,MEEGAAMAN.
    There is nothing in the movie except style and am surprised that A list actors and producer came into this movie,just for sake of style and not hearing the story and if at all they heard one,how was it different from pokiri and umpteen other gangster movies.
    It's high time sensor board keeps a cap on the number of gangs and gangster in a movie,one gets lost in following as to which gangster belongs to which gang.
    1out of 5 star,1 star for cinematography.
  2. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Watched Kingsman Secret service last week, a complete paisa vasool movie. hatsoff to the director for making such a stylish movie. the church scene was simply amazing.....
    varunrtr and pabhishek like this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Watched kingsmen - secret service this weekend. Good movie. Entertaining.

Recently watched some movies online , few of which are worth mentioning such as Lucy and Interstellar; both are highly recommended.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie I
    This is the most purposeless movie that I have seen and the second worst Shankar movie,second only to his perverse Boys.
    Usually Shankar is a good story teller,but here even after 1hour and 45 minutes when you are releaved for the interval,the movie is still at the same point where it began 2 hours ago.That is because there is simply no story to tell.
    My heart goes to the hero Vikram,who wasted 2 years and all his hard work for this movie,he didn't sence the sadistic motive of the director,who made him put weight and muscles and then loose weight,all for some nonsense.The same can be said about Amy Jackson too,she looks ravishing in few scenes and completely worn out in others,a result of 2 years of film making.
    All of Shankar movies are revenge sagas,but the other movies had reasons but not this.The only reason I can find is that Shankar had seen a beautiful location in China,in National geographic channel and wanted to spend 6 months there at producer's expense.
    I was surprised not just at the postive reviews by fellow Tfi members but also by the praise heaped by media but probably am right,since the movie did not even see a third week in most theatres.
    2 out of 5 stars.One star for the tastefully picturised songs and one star for the beautiful location in China.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 16, 2015 ---
    Pabishek,I searched for lucy in youtube,did not find,where did you see the movie?
    ramjn likes this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Bala - search for onlinemovies.pro . This website has good collection of English movies with great picture quality.
    Bala likes this.
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Lucy must be seen in Hi-Def to realise the importance of what it tries to say. Another one you can watch is I-Origins.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the suggestion. one of the most stylish movies i ve seen recently, may be in par with JB. If cody banks was for teens, Kingsman is for men, gentlemen!
    PS: the print in onlinemovies.pro aint that good, its a theatre print with a dozen calls from his wife in between !! Suggest watch it in theatre if possible to enjoy..
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I also watched this movie over the weekend. This is one Worst Movie I have ever seen in recent times.

Bads
    - Poor Screenplay
    - Poor Editing
    - Weak Storyline
    - Immature Direction
    - Poor Re-recording (Mr. A.R. Rahman seems to have thought his job is done with composing songs).
    - Director seems to have put 90% of effort in shooting songs and less than 10% in the script.
    - Lastly, disgusting costumes. I couldn't eat dinner after watching this movie.

Goods
    - Vikram.
    - Song location.

One request to Vikram - Please invest your hard work with right script and more importantly with a right Director.

Rating - DISGUSTING.
    Bala likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Watched Badlapur (hindi).

A hard hitting dark film with superb performances by Varun Dhawan, Nawaz Siddidque (I am really beginning to like this man) and well supported by Radhika Apte, Divya Dutta & Huma Qureshi. Few scenes in the movie are quite gory in nature. Film needs to be watched only by adults.

Rating: 4/5
    asimpleson likes this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie YENNAI ARINDHAL.
    The director could have used the other small ri in the title which would have meant if I had been cut :(,a blade movie.
    Time and again,director after director are letting down the hero Ajith,worse here because Ajith had accomodated this director after actor Surya had walked out.
    These should be the most minuscule roles for heroines in Tamil movies,director could have added guest appearance by them in the title.Why did Anushka do this movie,when she carries the other movies on her shoulder like a hero.
    Like in the movie I,editor forgets that he has a job on hand.
    Producers should now on be careful with this director just like with director Shankar,they travel abroad and all over the country just to fulfill their fetish,heavily increasing the budget.Here the movie is shot in Boston(or where those left over scenes from his earlier movies)and a song is shot all over north India adding nothing to the story,if at all if there was any.
    Hard to believe that the same director gave class movies like khaka khaka,minale and vinnai thandi varuvaya.
    Completely avoidable movie
    .5 out of 5 stars,.5 star for the music director who reminds you that you are watching an A grade movie with his rerecording.
    jumu likes this.