1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

Ennai Arinthaal - An exact replica of Vettaiyadau Vilayadu. Don't know whether to grade it as good or bad. Because VV was good and EA is exactly the same with actors changed. Did I like it? While watching, I was actually thinking how was the director making the same film and releasing it! I think GVM thought - the audiences are fools, let's make some money.

Music - Probably GVM took inspiration from Harris I think. Same old tunes, bugger he is taking Tamil Cinema backward. That said, Unnakena Venum Solu, though sounds very familiar, sounds good. Have to say that the BGM was too loud and noisy.

Rating - 0/5 (Hey, I have already given 4/5 for Vetaiyadu Vilayadu)
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Saw Baby yesterday. Fantastic movie, slick editing, great plot, superb acting by Akshay Kumar. Not a moment I though the plot is going to be predictable. Always was on the edge about the next move. Good support by Danny, Southie Rana D, Anupam Kher.

Was amused to hear Akshay's wife's std dialogue in the film" Kuch bhi ho marna mat" (whatever happens dont die)

Rating: 4.5/5.

I suppose TFIians would be watching the Need for Speed movie on Star Movies today at 1pm and 9pm. Its all about cars (not exactly Fiat car though but still).
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    pabhishek and asimpleson like this.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I also watched Baby yesterday night. Another amazing one from Neeraj Pandey after Special Chhabis and A Wednesday. Too good to watch and now looking forward to "Roy".
    pabhishek likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Watched the Tamil movie PISASU.
    Iam a huge fan of the director Myshkin,whose film I would be longing to watch just I had watched his last one.
    A simple,short and a feel good movie unlike his earlier movies which had stories of all perversions from pediophiles to voyeurists,in that way,this is a rare ghost movie that can be watched with the family.
    Myskin movies are ones in which you can not miss even one shot.In this movie,a 60 second shot showing innumerous hands vying with each other,thrusting into a small counter of a wine shop strikes you with the harsh reality of the state.Also there are several trade mark Myshkin shots of the camera following the feet,which am a fan of,
    Rerecording is beautiful as usual and the only song on the movie in the movie,sung by singer Unnikrishnan's daughter rings in your ears and the montage shorts in that song are heart renching.
    Again,am a fan of Myshkin's stunt choreography,where you would feel as if you yourself are hitting the bad guy.
    Neat performance by the deputant hero,should be the first time,where you do not get to see the face of a hero,but how will he get a second movie and how would you if it was him.
    Myshkin's movies make you think,I too first could not get as to why the hero was asking the autowallah the colour again and again in the climax.
    Recommended for viewers of film with a difference.
    Though not as good as his earlier movies anjaadhe,yudham sei and chitiram pesudhadi,not bad at all
    3 out of 5 stars,available in youtube.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    I , too watched Baby yesterday, very good movie , well paced.

During first 30 mts, we can see few linea's acting as Cop car :)
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Saw Need for Speed on Star Movies yesterday.

Watched the movie mainly for the gorgeous Bugati, Lamborghini, Ford Mustang, Koenigsegg since the movie did not have a famed star cast. The actors looked too amateurish while driving the beauties, but the chase across some lovely roads winding close to the sea was worth the watch. The plot was the usual wrong done & revenge kind.

Ratings: 3.5/5
  7. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I watched it too... Tuned into star movies by 9.30 pm only...
    I was initially excited coz I wasn't able to watch it at the time of release. 10 minutes into the movie and I knew why it failed to succeed as a movie among NFS fans. It was like an amateur hour... I couldn't digest any of the scenes. The stunts and cars were pretty awesome but the Actors.... No...
    It shows that just big budget flimflam will never be successful unless good acting skills back them up...
    All were trying hard to act macho... No one looked to be a part of the movie... And just when I saw the Mustang takeoff and land about 50 feet, crossing an interstate, landing nose first, and just keep going..... I was like WTF!! But i wasn't disappointed by that (thats what happens in NFS) but, Just after that huge stunt, Aaron Paul gives a smug look, with weird expressions from the girl inside.... Thats it I switched off and went to bed...
    For me its 2/5 (just for choice of cars and efforts put in by stunt team)

May be I started watching the movie with high hopes thinking Jessie Pinkman (from Breaking bad) is starring. Well he wasn't... It was just Aaron Paul.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Haha, a "Fallacy" it turned out to be..? ;) Guy won an Emmy award for it btw.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  9. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson, as ur profile pic says... "you can't handle the truth"
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Two movies I would recommend: 'I Origins' and 'Lucy'. Basic theme is spirituality, but the modern touch has been creatively retained. Indian influence on the themes is loud and clear.