1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    watched "vidiyum munn" A nice one.
    Pooja again proves she is an awesome actress, and the kid acts pretty naturally :)
    Loved even the technical part of movie, esp cinematography
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Even I had liked Vidiyum mun.
    Sadly there is no market for such movies in Tamil.
    Iam an ardent fan of Pooja but her innocent voice did not suit her character of a prostitute.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched KOCHADAYAN on TV yesterday.
    Magnificent movie.
    What a mistake it was to not watch it in theatre in 3d with Rahman's mind blowing music.
    Hard to believe that it is the first movie of a director,a woman,hats off to Soundarya Rajinikanth.Flawless work.
    Enough has been said and criticised about the CG, unjustified I would say.
    I was never a fan of Rajinikanth,but I liked him in this movie,had always hated punch dialogues but they were good and meaningful in this movie.
    I could only find one reason for this movie to have flopped.People mistook it for a cartoon movie,the director could have picturised at least one Rajini's story in flesh or at least the duets in flesh(after all only the heroine works and Rajini could have just walked around, why else pay Deepika 3 crores?)
    I also feel that the director for such a mammoth effort could have chosen a real historical subject like Ponniyin selvan in place of a fictional story.
    A must watch, not to be missed in any language.
    I personally liked the dialogues in chaste Tamil.
    4.5 out of 5 stars,.5 deducted for not making this movie in flesh, good CG work not with standing.
    A bow to the director.
    jumu, asimpleson and ramjn like this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie JIGARTHANDA.
    The young director successfully shatters all formulas of film making hitherto followed in Tamil.He just makes what he likes caring the least if children or women can watch but it works.
    He sets a new trend of film making,2 decades ahead of time IMHO.
    For once a very lengthy movie is never tiring and is quite enjoyable.
    The director mocks at all the movies so far made,mocking at all the formulas thrusted on the viewers.
    He mocks at even titles, that is why he names his movies after food.His first movie was pizza and now it is Jigardhanda.
    Rating??, can't be rated but I quite enjoyed the movie.
    Recommended for those who are tired of watching Indian cinema
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala, ever consider maintaining a blog dedicated to movies you watch. Even better will be a tweeter account and you will have huge fan following for sure as a critic. Of course we will want these review postings on TFI also. ;)
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks for your kind words simpleson.
    Nice idea but wouldn't work with me because I hate to watch the movies of the top three Tamil stars Vijay,Ajith and Surya which are nothing but mundane hero worship with mindless punch dialogues.It would be difficult to sit through these mainstream star's movies.I choose to watch only movies with a difference.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 25, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 25, 2014 ---
    Watched the Tamil movie SALIM.
    It is a sequel to the actor's first movie NAAN which was more sauve and fine.This movie is not bad either. The second half is gripping, first half could have been more taught.
    The music director turned hero,Vijay Anthony manages to look younger than his age and underplays his role quite well but I do not see any justification in giving up his flourishing career as a music director.
    Looks like he is telling his own story or his take on events that affected him with his own money.
    There is a sequel to this movie as well, am waiting. ..
    2.5 out of 5 stars.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Actually, those people who share similar tastes will subscribe to your tweets. So do try. Social media education will increase the tribe and following. ;) For starters you could just copy-paste posts here into a separate blog site and share your tweet name there. Up to you. :)
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    LOL @simpleson. As little as I understand the virtual bala, he is someone who enjoys technology, but wouldnt like to get into it. As you said, his style of review is crisp and is right up there. One cut, two pieces ( its a tamil slang). we are fortunate to have him on this forum and enjoy his views..

Abdul
    asimpleson likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A good watch this season is "A Most Wanted Man", a nice movie for a change. Almost the last of Philip Seymour Hoffman starred movies. It is too sad a loss for the movie world; this talented actor, RIP. As much as I would have liked Heath Ledger being celebrated for his Joker role in Dark Knight. Ledger too would have been a serious 'top grossing actor' now and charging as much as the likes of Robert Downey Jr. or Johnny Depp, but definitely more celebrated had he lived. :(

Back to "A most wanted man", it is a must watch especially, since it well manages to engage the viewer to blur the lines of good and evil and exposes well the twisted ways of the counter-intelligence world. The theme is typically anti-terrorism and espionage based and is remotely reminiscent of the "Munich" movie mainly due to photography in the German no-nonsense locations and themes. Expect not too much action but more stress on intelligence operations. The performances of all co-actors are at par; some of the finest of the lot seem to have been carefully picked by the makers of this movie. Robin Wright has played a great role once again, albeit small yet important and as truthful as her superb performance in "House of Cards", equal parts sex appeal and intelligence combined with maturity, a terrific combination. This is a "Philip Hoffman movie", simply due to his wonderful and undebatable on-screen presence, perfect emotions, facial expressions and body language. Won't disappoint.
    aroon25 likes this.
  10. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Watched 'Kathhi' movie in trivandrum yesterday.Starring by Vijay and Directed by AR Murugadoss.I was amazed to see the cheering of Kerala Crowd for a Tamil Movie.

This is united India.

Overall the Movie is good.