1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The Disadvantage that Kannada directors here in Karnataka facing while making a remake is that an average kannadiga can understand at-least 3 to 4 languages(English,Kannada,hindi,Telugu and tamil), if a movie is remarked to or from either hindi or telugu, there is a high probability that a average movie goer have watched it before they have actually made it in Kannada. our Kannada producers and directors doesn't understand this simple logic and try to make a film which has already been made twice and suffer severe losses. for example upendra is acting in a remake of kick which is already been remaked in hindi so is gonna loose hopelessly.

if directors focus on making a movie out a new story, they can at least hope for some amount of success, its not like we have scarcity of stories, its the attitude of directors who are hesitating to make swa-makes which is dooming Kannada film industry.
    1 person likes this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Watched Hercules-3D last weekend. Awesome must watch!!

The Rock(Dwayne Johnson) excelled in it. "Paisa Vasool" Movie.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Watched Kick

I did kick myself later for watching it :( Silver lining was the acting of Nawazuddin. Just brilliant.

Also watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Good film ruined by needless 3D use. I have not understood the need to make each and every film 3D somehow and make it look half-cooked.

Cheers.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^^That's two of you talking of Nawazuddin now. Must watch it now for this new talent.

- - - Merged Post - - -

And yes 3d is flop.. Except maybe the original Chotta Chetan aka My Dear Kuttichathan.. ;) and that's biased.. ::D
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    But 3D in Hercules is superlike!!! Not just run of the mill :p
  6. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Original Kick in Telugu is very entertaining. It had all the ingredients of a masala flick. Some movies should not be remade. But with wind in salmans favour, every movie he does is turning gold.
  7. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Watched Guardians of Galaxy few days back, a complete entertainer, 3d effects is excellent, easily one of the best movies that i watched this year.
  8. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    A must watch "The Fault in our Stars"! Good movie.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Surprisingly no review of Singham Returns. I hope it lived up to the hype of the first part. Heard that it already crossed 100cr mark. It seems Rohit Shetty is the man with the golden touch. Anyone who saw it, pls update.

Nahin tar "aata majhi Satakli" & "Mala Raag Yetoy" (pls dont ask me for translation, ask Yo Yo Honey Singh)
    asimpleson likes this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie PULI VAAL on sun tv last week.
    My genre of movie,crime thriller.
    I liked it.
    Sad that this movie also flopped Inspite of being well made,reason , adult themes do not find family audience in tamil.Could have been a hit if it was made with Imran hashmi and his yuck smooches:(in Hindi.
    2.5 out of 5 stars.
    Recommended for fans of crime thriller.
    The original is a Malayalam movie,was it a hit?