1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Mutthina Haara [1990]. BTW, Suhasini did the heroine role and Kamal Haasan did a guest role as a bus conductor in Benkiyalli Aralida Hoovu [Kannada], which was a Kannada remake of K Balachandar's superhit Aval Oru Thodarkathai [Tamil]. The same movie was also remade in Telugu [Anthuleni Katha] and Malayalam [Aval Oru Thudar Katha]. The original and all the remakes were directed by K Balachandar.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Oh, thanks Raviji,that was one movie which wouldn't go off my mind.
    Eager to watch it again,if available in you tube.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Here it is Bala - hope it's the one you are mentioning..
    Muthina Haara - YouTube
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Shanks,

House of Cards -- Too good, (some very evil genius characters)
    Suits -- Perfect, (very classy)

Any Idea of Homeland or Fargo..
    I am usually relying a lot on IMDB ratings and plot uniqueness and popularity factor in terms of choices while watching new stuff.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie UN SAMAYAL ARAYIL
    Am beginning to like Prakash raj as a director (I completely dislike him as an actor, he over acts)
    A feel good movie but should have been made in Malayalam, 7 actors,3 locations and 35 scenes. Tamil audience seek grandeur and a fast pace.
    The love track between the 2 youngsters is very youthful and lovely,a duet picturised on them is quite poetic.
    Excellent music, RR and cinematography.
    Sad that this movie did not even see a second day in theatre.
    2.5 out 5 stars.
  6. jpshya

jpshya Timido

Bangalore
    Bala - This movie is a remake of Malayalam hit Salt 'N Pepper. It was a super hit in Malayalam, but didnt get much from Tamil audience. Reviewers who has seen both Malayalam & Tamil version says that, in tamil it failed, as it was not directed properly. Meanwhile it got remade by Prakash Raj in both Kannada & Telugu as well. In Kannada it was a hit, but Telugu same fate as Tamil's.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Oh, ok, it looked like a Malayalam movie anyways.
    Prakash raj could have rather dubbed the Malayalam version rather wasting his precious time (he is a sought after actor in 4 languages) remaking this movie.
    In Telugu and kannada was it the same movie,same actors?, shot on the same day thrice in 3 languages?
  8. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    for those who have open mind and would not mind watching Animes , i would strongly suggest a Anime "Death Note". it was released somewhere around 2006 and is better than many top thrillers movies. watch first 2 episodes and you will be hooked to this series until the very end.
    1 person likes this.
  9. jpshya

jpshya Timido

Bangalore
    i think it was shot parallely, but not sure of the cast in Telugu/Kannada. But one thing sure, it was released on same day on all 3 languages. Since i am in bangalore, i was able to notice all 3 posters on same day.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  10. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Was been to Kick to yesterday after seeing positive reviews online, but was disappointed. Salman's acting was good,Jacqueline was hot as always, but the film lacked the punch that original had it in it, if you haven't seen the original go for it, if you have stay away from this one.