1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Precisely what I meant that movie becomes about him. The character or 'protagonist' has too much coverage sometimes in his movies, granted that Indian movies revolve around lead actors. Said sometimes because we have seen the Hindi ones. Might be some like Anbe Sivam as mentioned here has given equal scope to Madhavan.

It brings some amount of standards to a movie, because some actors like him demand a lot from other cast and crew. He tries too hard and not always do they become as good as the movie Sadma. Ofcourse Sadma is equally about Sridevi as it is about Kamal Hasan's acting.

The movie Drishyam is so good that it brought about a tsunami of thoughts to mind for the next few hours. Very impactful story and direction. A lots of lacunae at places within factual presentations of real world (call it creative liberty for mass appeal) but overall a very successful attempt. The music was very melodious sounding, though I felt the English literal meaning was only good to be lost in translation. The actual essence of song's meaning is lost.
    Mohanlal was flawless. A must watch movie. 4.5 stars out of 5. Imdb rating is very apt.

A whole lot more can be said and discussed but the thread is not supposed to be a giveaway of the plot in anyways.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

If you like Malayalam thrillers I would recommend you an old Malayalam movie
    Iyer the great.
    1 person likes this.
  3. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Yes that is a Mammotty film :) .
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Ya, Mamooty had given an impressive performance as always.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Yes thanks for suggestion. Actually any film with subtitles is better where language is a problem. If you watch Japanese Samurai films, you know the Hero, Villian and supporting actors pretty soon. And mostly it is honor killing or killing for a living or some vengeance or justice related theme. There even subtitles aren't so important. :)

Keep suggesting, other Kannada and Telugu and Tamil speaking people can also benefit, just in case they haven't watched it.

Watch a TV soap Breaking Bad if possible, in-case you haven't. You will actually experience what it means by being hooked to a TV series. :) Some of the American TV soaps are better than so many movies.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Booked tickets for Drushyam (spelt correctly this time) the Telugu version for tomorrow afternoon's show. I am really trying hard not to have any expectations, cause I believe (works for me) that a movie/plot can be best enjoyed with a clear mind.

I usually am not a TV show fan. Used to watch Friends long time ago. On my neighbor's recommendation have downloaded and watched Game of Thrones, all 4 seasons, except for the last 3 episodes of season 4, during my recent trip to NL. Now I copied the Broken Bad series and True Detective from the same neighbor yesterday. He was recommending True Detective highly.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Ohh.. One of my all time fav movie.. Its a must watch one..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Yes,though released 2 and a half decade back it was well ahead of its time, even if released today it would look fresh.

These are the other movies I would recommend.
    1.kshanam kshanam.My kind of a movie,the only movie I had watched thrice on 3 consecutive days in theatre.
    2.mega sandesham. I watched it as a small boy but still could remember.To me K.Vishwanath is the best director in the country and what an actor he is.
    3.Siri siri moova.Should have watched it as a 6 year old, another K.Vishwanath classic. I have a penchant for movies with classical dance as the theme.
    English :
    Forest gump
    Double geoparody
    If only
    I know what you did last summer.
    Face off
    101 dalmatians
    Shashank redemption

Sathi leelavathi
    Kandukondein Kandukondein.
    Michael madhana kamarajan.
    Kadhaluku mariyadhai
    Kadhal kotai
    Agni nakshatram
    Katradhu thamizh
    Oru veedu iru vaasal

I do not remember the name but Suhasini played mother of a war martyr.
    What movie is that,any idea?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    HBO is very good on producing A class content. 'The Wire' for eg. has some kind of cult status. 'True Detective' is superb. It is recent one and worth following regularly.

Some more recommendations -
    House M.D.
    Person of Interest
    The Walking Dead

Have been delaying watching Game of Thrones & Sopranos for a long time, the ratings are very high and is also very popular. Don't know if it's better or worse or as good as Breaking Bad. Friends is an all time favorite and many episodes can be watched repeatedly and enjoyed.
    24 is ok, Castle is good, and Fringe is progressively hopeless series, totally don't agree with the IMDB ratings for this one.
  10. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

if you are thinking to watch the game of thrones, I would strongly recommend reading the books(song of ice and fire series). makers have diluted the story just to keep the Audiences attention by inserting lot of unwanted nudity.not to mention one cannot translate the content of a book into visual concept.

- - - Merged Post - - -

For those who are into sitcoms i would recommend

How i met your mother
    Big bang theory
    Two and half men
    1 person likes this.