1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I absolutely agree that with Kamal, you are always up for the best. I'd definitely go for the Kamal version but still wanted to see the Mammootty version as it's been highly appreciated.
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Simpleson, I just quoted for fun sake that I saw in laptop at free of cost.Nothing serious.I simply didn't see in theater because they were not providing subtitles.But I always wish to see a good movie in the original version rather than the second version (regional).Glad that you look for good films and adamant in seeing atleast in dvds! If possible you can get it from your friends/internet(with subtitles) and if nothing is possible ,cd/dvd is the option.I am just hesitant to buy those bcoz how many of such can be bought :p.No way!!!!! I normally take peoples' opinion on any movie and see it in theaters mostly.In laptop ,I watch the missed out good films,Malayalam movies (don't want be the single person in theater and blink :p) and all other must see goodies (English,Korean,whatever).I just don't buy he cds/dvds and I somehow get it from my friends/colleagues.

By the way ,Drishyam is coming in Tamil where Kamal plays Mohanlal's part.Anyway ,I will watch again in theatre since it is Kamal:D.

Boy o boy ,so many posts before I could post it :).

- - - Merged Post - - -

It was Mohan Lal :).Yes ,even I prefer Mamu over Kamal.Go for the original version I should say as this somehow glues with that of Kerala environment.Just my opinion.In general,watching the second version after the original version gives :irked effect.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Oops. My Bad. I meant Lalettan but somehow typed Mammootty.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I heard that Kamal is making this movie in the Tirunelveli backdrop with him Gautami may be playing his wife.
    1 person likes this.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I tried to book tickets for Drushyam last weekend and almost all the screens were full. My wife who is very choosy about films, unlike me, wanted to see this movie at any cost. Planning to watch it this weekend.

P.S: Bharath no spoilers please. You shouldn't have mentioned anything about the climax.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Bharat, this is a movies thread, there is nothing serious .. :D I too am telling very casually. :)

Actually not adamant on dvds Bharat, but spending just an attempt to support in a tiny manner, a spec in the ocean for the director and cast's efforts. :)In future things like DVD or BluRay ought to get cheap, don't know how these things will be affected since pay per view channels will be on rise since set-tops are already compulsory. BTW, I have worked in CD manufacturing plant a long time ago when CDs were still considered exotic by common man. At one point I remember playing frisbee with rejected CDs in an otherwise military like operation. ;) Obviously, you weren't supposed to get even a rejected CD as complimentary in the plant. :-|

EDIT: Well, important to tell here, a rejected CD is rejected due to nano sized particles within Vending machine and of course a lot more stricter parameters, but plays perfectly on any CD/DVD player whatsoever.

Yes renting CD/DVD seems to be a good option if and where possible. There is hardly any CD/DVDs I own, most have been stolen or given away to my friends and relatives after watching. ::D I agree that buying so many CD/DVDs is not something everyone can do, esp. with the no. of films released each day worldwide. It's simply impractical.

On topic of English movies, have you seen Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" and "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb".
    Do see these flicks in case you haven't.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks simple.I have not watched these but will do it.I ve so many films to see in my lap still..
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    You can easily follow the dialogues of the Malayalam original without subtitles. Somehow, I feel the subtitles distract the attention.

I think Kamalhaasan missed the boat. The original and the remakes have already become hits in all the south Indian languages except Tamil and it is going to be remade into Hindi too. Shooting of Tamil version is yet to start as Kamalhaasan is busy with the production of Uttama Villa(i)n. I understand Kamalhaasan is in two minds now about the Tamil remake. Kamalhaasan's Unnaippol Oruvan, remake of Hindi original A Wednesday was a flop. BTW, Mohanlal watching A Wednesday on cable TV and a poster of Kamalhaasan's Viswaroopam printed in Malayalam could also be seen in Drishyam.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    5 people like this.
  9. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    I watched Drushyam in both theater and at home. The film is too good and the only hit film which starred Mohanlal in 2013. The cast was perfect and all of them did justice to their character.

After the launch of the film there were big debates about the message this film is giving. Senior police officers came out in public against this film since this film gives a bad image about the investigation skills of police. Some people say it teaches criminals how to make fake evidences and escape.

From my point of view its just a film see it and enjoy it. Hats off to all the actors and actresses and also the crew. :) . Hope to see many more good films.
    2 people like this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore