1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Nail on the head of actresses beauty. Thats why many women throng the beauty counters at malls as it enhances their looks tremendously.It is a case of what you see is what you wont get:)). There is a special charm for the girl next door.

Abdul
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wow.

:lol :lol
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol, I was on the verge of becoming a Nazria fan after watching Neram, sad that she got married.Sad because her hubby Fahad fazil is not good looking :(
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Munnar, Kerala.
  5. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Sir, I understand only Tamil and I've heard lots about this movie. Do we get its CD anywhere in Chennai with sub-titles? Though soon to be made in Tamil, originals are always tough to beat.
    1 person likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Krish1484, a quick search on google reveals a lot.. ;)

Here is the link where you could buy it.
    Amazon.in: Buy Drishyam DVD, Blu-ray Online at Best Prices in India | Movies & TV Shows

And Yes, english subs are there, so that should take care of language barrier. :D

Amazon can be trusted in-case you haven't bought from them.

EDIT: Placed an order for myself also... :p
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I saw the movie with subtitles couple of weeks back.As you watch on,you feel like you are pulled inside the movie and feel nervous as the scenes go by! The characters just played what it should be and the director had done a splendid job.The climax is one which none in this world would have imagined ! A must see pulse bursting film !

Btwn ,should the films be bought as cds/dvds and watched? I got from my friend and watched in the lap :D.I do watch good films in theatres MOST of the times ;).

@Krish,
    Heard that Bangalore days is good.The other films that I would recommend (I ve seen only these) are Ustad Hotel,Traffic and Thattathin marayathu.Malayalam industry is getting back its charm with a series of fresh blood directors and artists.Your Keralite friends can help you better than me.
    3 people like this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bharat, are you asking if it's worth watching good films on dvd rather than theatres.. :confused:
    If so, the problem is that when they spend millions of Rupees in some production houses, but cannot offer good redubs in regional languages, what a shame.
    In theatres there is no subtitles and english subs are atleast available on some DVDs. Hope to watch the movie. Purposely not reading the plot of the movie beforehand. I have no idea what the movie is about.

Thanx for your review/feedback.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    History shows that Kamal Hassan is a master in remaking the films. The movies remade by him were better than originals in my opinion.

I too wanted to watch this Malayalam movie. But, when I got to know that Kamal is involved in the remake, I have reserved it for him. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

In Chennai, some cinemas show the movie with subtitles.
    1 person likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The only problem with some actors like Kamal Hasan or Nana Patekar is that they overshadow or eat any other good actor performing a scene with them. :)
    Maybe it's just a human psyche.

Also, when I read Kamal Hassan in remaking, I thought the director guy Joseph will just stay for the name sake. No offense. Some actors demand and offer a lot from their directors and fellow cast. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Good to know.. :)
    2 people like this.