1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I could ssuggest :
    1. Green mile ( tom hanks)
    2. Ghost ( patric swayze, demi moore- very old one but worth watching if youy haven't)
    3.Shooter (mark whalberg)
    4.Bodyguard ( kevin costner, whitney)
    5.Seven samurai's ( this is a very old black and white movie but cool to watch)
    6.Zatoichi ( samurai movie, colored, nice movie - this is about ablind swordsman-nicely made )
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Enjoyed watching Mohanlal's Drishyam [Malayalam] - a superb crime thriller - last night. This movie received 8.6/10 rating in IMDb. It's Kannada version Drishya [Ravichandran] and Telugu version Drushyam [Venkatesh] are also running successfully in Bangalore. This movie is planned to be remade in Tamil with Kamalhassan, which is to be directed by Jeethu Joseph, who directed the original.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    5 people like this.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    That's really surprising Ravi sir. Yes Drishyam was a very good movie & is now being dubbed to many languages.
    2 people like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Does anyone remember the movie Savage Harvest released sometime in 80s. Available on VHS tapes then.

The movie is about hungry Lions attacking an English family in a remote house in Kenya post extreme drought conditions.

The lead actor was Tom Skeritt who also played the role of Viper (instructor) in Top Gun (1986). While the DVDs are hard to find or perhaps never released. There are VHS rips available from torrent site/s.

Such a rare movie, it was just playing on MGM channel. :D
    If small kids are to watch this, it will etch in their memories as a time stamp.

Check it out.

savage_harvest.jpg
  5. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Talking of lions...reminds me of - Ghost and Darkness. Very old movie. Val kilmer and michael douglas if i remember correct. Been long . But a great movie.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    2 back to back movies in a day for me last weekend.

1) 2 states - The movie I guess is a line to line copy of the novel by Chetan B. All the actors did a good job except Arjun Kapoor. He looked totally out of place and looked old too. The songs were good. My son said he wants to go the college depicted in movie. I was stunned, was it due to the off course activities being shown in the movie. God only know. Now need to start one more SIP if he is going this way.

2) Gulab Gang - I saw this movie because it had two of my favourites actress Madhuri D & juhi C pitted against each other. Each trying to outdo in the acting department. But the movie belonged to Juhi for her solid scheming politician acting. Madhuri did her part well too but impact was lesser than Juhi's. Songs unneccessarily keep appearing at times. Overall a watchable movie. My wife enjoyed much more than me for obvious reasons.

I maybe late in watching these movies but OK.
    2 people like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes must watch movie atleast once. Our very own Om Puri also appeared in a small role in the movie IIRC.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie VAAI MOODI PESAVUM.
    It is actually wrong to call this a Tamil movie,it doesn't become one just because they have roped in a couple of Tamil actors.By all means this is a Malayalam movie.
    I actually watched this to check out how good junior Mamooty is.He speaks just like his father,has the same voice and just as you begin to feel that he has not inherited his father's acting prowess,he gives a charming and an endearing performance in the second half after he goes dumb.
    First half of the movie is totally boring and directionless and the second half is quite interesting after every one goes dumb.
    Where is the location where the movie is shot, it is simply beautiful and am becoming envious of the people living there.
    I was all along wondering how they make a Malayalam movie in 3 weeks, I've got the answer from this movie. Just 7 actors,1 location and 35 scenes, a movie can be made even in one week.
    2 out of 5 stars,1 star each for Dilqur Salaman and the beautiful location.
    2 people like this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Donate at least one star to Nzriyah Nazim. She was dumb too:))

Abdul
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Haha, Nazria looked tired in this movie,so no stars :), may be tired out of her marriage.
    Actually I had thought that Nazria was beautiful,but in a couple of scenes where she appears with out make up,she just looks like anyone next door.
    Secret of the beauty of actresses is out :), it's the make up !