1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie Idhu kadhirvelan kadhal.
    Am really surprised as to how producers plonk in their money and make a movie with a wafer thin story line,that too an outdated one of the 1980s.May be they thought they can make any movie if they have Santhanam's callsheet who does manage to evoke laughter without double entendre.
    Again surprised to see Udhayanidhi making sincere efforts in becoming a hero when he is nearing 40, while he could have done that 15 years before when he should have been in better shape.
    Music by Harris jayaraj makes one to come to a conclusion that he is an overrated music director, both songs and rr are completely forgettable
    1 out of 5 stars, one star for Nayanthara who tries to hide her age with false eyelashes and an extra inch make up to look pretty.
    Maybe can be watched once for time pass, that is if one has too much time to spare and is jobless.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    I too watched it recently. I just loved it :)
    Esp the way the love between the elders were portrayed, I felt its very rare to see in movies these days

- - - Merged Post - - -

Any one watched cuckoo ??
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie RUMMY
    My first opinion,the movie is not that bad to deserve such a disaster at the box office. All the reviews both online and in magazines vented out bad opinion and publicity,maybe they were not paid well :(
    Yes, the first half is very laggy like a Samsung phone,while the second half picks up speed like a nexus phone.The director has to take the entire blame,he could have created a lot of interesting and funny scenes in the first half, more so because it revolves around a college life.
    I personally think that this film would have been a success if Vijay sethupathi had taken the hero role and Inigo prabakar the second hero role who gets killed. Again how many more times to see an uncombed, unshaved, dirty Vijay sethupathi? and how many more times will he play the second lead inspite of having a good will and a good market? .
    I liked this movie more than Subramaniapuram which was also of the same genre.
    The last one hour was gripping and the climax was befitting.
    2.5 out of 5 stars.
    Recommended for the very patient ones :(
  4. jpshya

jpshya Timido

Bangalore
    @Bala - Though i haven't seen Rummy, 2 songs (Koodamela & Adiye) from that movie is a blockbuster one, and it is part of my daily listen.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,I too had liked one song starring inigo and gayathri,their 2nd duet in the movie.
    I especially liked the locations where songs have been picturized, all the ruins in the songs were stunning,anyone knows where these ruins are located?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Medicine to Patients and Movies to Patient ones? :D
    1 person likes this.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    [SUB][/SUB]Haha, yes to test your patience and also to turn you into a patient :),you know ,new clientale :)
    You had a long weekend?, a Monday holiday? , you were marked absent in the attendance register here.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes and if a moderator is going to be absent frequently we will bring a no confidence motion and dethrone you :) and force a midterm election for a new mod.
    2 people like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Unless one aspire to be nominated or elected, never stir up a debate for re-election. Also, an unstable government is better than no government. ::D
    Forget not that he who is to be dethroned can take others down with him... Your threat to motion will be dismissed :evilsmile
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    But, even if there is a midterm election, will you vote? ;)