1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched-TWO BROTHERS on HBO.It's a must watch for animal lovers :cool ,very good and those two tigers were lovely. :clapping
    3.5 out of 5 stars
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I remember when they were separated from their parents. I almost cried. ::V Nice movie.

BEWARE Movie lovers:
    3 Crap movies that one shall never watch IMO: Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Comedy); Get him to Greek (comedy); The Other Guys (Comedy).

Grown Ups (2010): Watched this movie a few days back
    Starring: Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Salma Hayek, Chris Rock and the usual cast that often features in Adam Sandler movies (Happy Madison Productions).

Its a story of 5 friends who meet at the funeral of their coach and then spend the rest of the week together.

My Rating: 3.75 out of 5. Enjoyed it.

It an a-maize-ing movie and one of the rare good comedy movies released this year.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    completely agree with forgetting Sarah Marshall. I was too pissed off after watching that. AAnother one to miis - Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - Jim carey movie.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched TAKEN on star movies,was very good.
    A tamil movie-mahanadhi,by Kamalahasan too had a similar story,is this movie that old???10 years???
    A movie to be watched by all parents,people would become cautious atleast
    4 out of 5 stars.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched RENDITION last night and again today on HBO
    Excellent movie,editting,cinematography,music and direction were all award materials(Did this movie win any award?)
    Reminded Manirathnam's DILSE at places,do all these directors think on similar lines?
    Ever actor had performed very well and naturally,except for Jake gyalenhal,who appeared like sleep walking all through the movie!
    A must watch movie.
    4 stars out of 5
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Just watched HACHIKO on HBO,
    What a movie,one of the best I've seen,last 30 minutes is not for the light hearted ones,I cried for 15 minutes.
    A must watch.
    5 out of 5 stars
    Special mention to the back ground music.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    What a coincidence, I too watched HACHIKO - a dog's story last night at 9 PM on HBO with my family!

The moment I read the synopsis, I decided to watch this movie and we gathered in front of our TV well before the schedule.

The movie was based on a true story of a dog [1924-36] waiting for its deceased master for more than 10 years in Japan. A statue was erected in memory of the loyal dog! Fantastic acting by the dogs [from pup to old dog] and Richard Gere as Prof Parker, the deceased master, who was also a co-producer of the movie.

Yes, the movie deserves a full 5-star rating. :up
  8. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    So completely agree with you Ravi. Hachiko - a dog's story was a treat to watch. My mum could not stop crying long after the movie got over.

Cheers,
    Vroom
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Vroom,I was disturbed even a day after seeing the movie.I was actually consoling myself that Hachi would have gone to the Railway station as a reflex action and people thought it was going,looking for it's master for 9 years,just to reason out and console myslef.
    Only from Raviji's post I got to know the Richard gere is the producer,as I was thinking as to who would have produced a tragedy movie,which might not have done well at the box office.But certain movies are made for soul's satsifaction rather than for bussiness and this movie is one such.
    Didn't Gere convert to Buddism??should have heard this Japanese story from such a connection.I was a big fan of Gere earlier and now even a bigger one.Just 3 locations and 8 characters in the movie and how gripping the movie was??.Lesson of sorts.
    God permitting,I want to go to Japan one day and hug the bronze statue of Hachi,which place was it???
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The bronze statue of Hachiko is at Shibuya Station. For more details, see this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%c5%8d