1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bala, this movie's editor's name I saw is Anthony Gonsalves :mrgreen:. That's dope man.. :cool
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Oh, ok, I got it,the editor named the movie so that it could come in handy while needed for mixing :)
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry missed your suggestion..:confused:
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ok, seems like you are an innocent good guy, shouldn't spoil you by eloborating :)
    Editting was top notch in golisoda, the action sequences need a special mention.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There you go, not that innocent I guess.:p I got it. It's about..:drinks

The name as I said is dope, cause it reminds me of Amitabh's song "My name is Anthony Gonsalves." from movie Amar Akbar Anthony. :p

Have phun...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie Pannayarum padminiyum.
    The first positive is that the movie did not end in an anticlimax as was in the short film and the happy ending lends a feel good factor to the film.
    I somehow feel that the movie being the first one for the director he lacked the expertise of a director like Baradhiraja to handle a village subject. He is solely responsible for the film failing at the box office. At places I thought that he did not know to the movie forward, was very slow in the first half and would have tested the patience of a college going yuppie crowd who form the main ticket buying audience of any movie.
    Vijay sethupathi should be the only hero in India who tries his best to look bad despite being good looking and again in many of his movies you wonder who is the hero of the movie in this it was Jayaprakash who just carried the movie on his shoulder along with Thulasi who I thought over acted a bit.Thulasi 's best was shankarabaranam, Aadhalaal kadhal seiveer and that old song muthaaduthe.
    Rr was pleasant,so was that song unakaaga pirandhene.
    I could connect myself to the movie,our family's first car being a Padmini and was painted to the same colour after it was rear ended. So much for the talk of poor resale value of FIAT cars, my father had bought it for 1.2 l and sold it for 1.15 l after 2 years and the buyer was waiting all along for our car, certainly there is a soul in Fiat cars which can not be valued in rupee.
    2.5 out of 5 stars.
    If only the editor had paid attention to the slow pace of the movie even if the director had failed to do so ....
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Even I felt the 1st half very slow. As you said background score was good. Also the whole FIAT factor was interesting & nostalgic at the same time. We too had a Padmini in family. After watching the movie I felt like finding out our old car which was sold in 1997 when we bought Uno.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes, my grandfather for his family had booked an UNO too, paying Rs.25 k as advance after selling his 118NE, he waited and waited and Fiat did not deliver the car even after one and a half year, labour problem.
    So we never got an Uno at all and that loss was some how compensated with my Linea. I had wanted to buy a sienna too, took a 10 km td and it was certainly better than linea, but the car did not even have a head rest for the rear seat,for a car costing 7 l ...
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    What? my Siena does have a head-rest on the rear seat.

Anyways, the company paid a lot more for playing some mischief with regards UNO or maybe the hawks in the government made it look like, God knows. Story on Fiat Uno, maybe you find some relief after reading this.. :D
    Supreme Court orders Fiat India to cough up Rs 400 crore as excise duty - Economic Times
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Simpleson,only the face lifted sienna had a head rest, the original sporty looking sienna did not have one and 7 l was lot of money 18 years back and we were already owning a very luxurious Ceilo.