1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Not being a fan of Vijay films , I can say this can satisfy atleast 75 percent of viewers.Needless to say ,it is a one time watch though. Overall I liked it (especially the roaring presence of Mohanlal) without any much disappointment or blood from ears and nose :evilsmile.To me ,it was better than Ajith's Veeram but some say the opposite :confused:

- - - Merged Post - - -

@Bala , may be the chemistry didn't work for you with the movie :) but I enjoyed it very much like most others. Reason being simple that those 3 hours were fun in many aspects ! But Irandam Ulagam ,God bless Selva Ragavan !
    1 person likes this.
  2. Jinto

Jinto Timido

Bangalore
    Don't put your head in front of Jilla. If you want to watch, go without any expectations... may be then, you will like it. :ugeek:
  3. Jilla and Veeram, I didnt like both.

Veeram first half was good, second half was utter crap. Same old story with same repeated scenes like the villans trying to attack the family from different corners of the village each time and ajith counteruing them in the second half. Whereas jilla throughout the movie it is good and bad. Basically, jilla script is good for a commercial mass entertainer but execution was very poor. Veeram is opposite, execution was good for atleast 1st half but the scipt was very bad.

Bottom Line : Both the movies worth a miss. Watch Goli Soda twice.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie VIDIYUM MUN.
    Another movie of a different kind and made reasonably well.
    In the midst of run of the mill movies like Aarambam, jilla etc, it is appreciable that producers come forward to make movies of different genre not minding about the returns.
    Heroine Pooja has excelled and looks very pretty (I have always been her fan), but unfortunately her voice does not sound like that of a sex worker
    The downside is the making of the movie would be it puts away a family audience with its adult theme, when it should have been the other way round since this movie is about awareness about child trafficking.
    2.5 out of 5 stars
  5. I enjoyed watching Vidiyum Mun, but lost that when I came to know it was a copy of a UK movie london to brighton.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Just watched the trailer of the Tamil movie KUKKOO
    Tears started rolling down after watching a one minute trailer
    what a movie it should be,heart trending dialogues,extra ordinary award deserving acting,endearing cinematograhy and soothing music
    why don't people make such movies routinely
    Eagerly waiting to watch the full movie
    Iam chocked
    3 people like this.
  7. looks like another tragic movie. I am put a pause for sometime for these kinda heart touching tears making movies. But as said the acting was brilliant and the trailer is promissing. Another vazhaku yen, kadhal, Angadi theru in the making.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie KALYANA SAMAYAL SADHAM.A very natural,unpretentious,feel good movie. Hard to believe that a SW professional from the US can make such a movie with finess as if it was his 50th movie, walking a tight rope on a delicate subject. Music,acting, direction, editting and cinematography were all top notch.Well,why didn't the movie do well?.Probably the director/producer living in the US thought that the audience here are mature enough to come to the theatre with the whole family to watch a movie on erectile dysfunction! !???3 out of 5 stars.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree. And very happy that the realistic movies are taking shape in Tamil these days.

Sharing the trailer for our viewers.

5 people like this.
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    One of the powerful trailors I have seen recently ! But I would like to have a happy ending (not the likes of Angadi theru ending)