1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie- 6 mezhuguvarthigal.
    Again another reasonably good movie which was realistically slow with completely new faces apart from the hero, giving neat performances, zero entertainment.
    A neat screen play and a taught direction.Again surprised that producers come forward to produce such movies, knowing really well that returns can not be expected.
    To be watched by all parents to keep their children safe.
    3 out of 5 stars.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thalaimuraigal By Balu Mahendra

A few hours back, self and wife watched Thalaimuraigal [Generations] - a Tamil movie written, directed, cinematographed, edited and co-produced by Balu Mahendra at 6 Degrees, Sathyam complex. The story is woven around a grandfather [Balu Mahendra] and his grandson [Master Karthik]. Melodious background symphony by Ilaiyaraaja is an additional bonus. We enjoyed watching a Balu Mahendra's movie after many years. We had the company of ace director K Balachander, who watched this movie along with us! :) This movie will bag a few national awards, I am sure.
    6 people like this.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Last week watched Dhoom-3 , stunts are good rest is bad !

Some weird unanswered things :
    why would you take your life out for unable to repay a loan, just close the circus, look for alternatives and regain confidence to build a better circus or a magic he wanted to create.

what father Jackie does doesn't instill any good behavior on child Aamir and he chooses to rob banks and throw money.

secondly how did chota Aamir survive in a city like Chicago when his dad didn't left any money ?

Thirdly, when he chooses to throw money, how did he become rich to get a troupe for his magic show or circus ?

and this kind of movies rakes 300-400 crores ??
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie IRANDAM ULAGAM.
    What a lunatic movie.
    Was a Selvaraghavan fan so far, not any more.
    How did Arya,Anushka and the producer spend their valuable time and money after hearing the story.
    There are many kinds of movie awards,in this case the director should give a best viewer award for who ever who had sat through the movie.
    Songs are a rehash of his old songs by Harris Jayaraj.
    VFX was an over kill, an eye sore spoling the beauty of Georgia.
    1 out of 5 stars.That one star if for the ageing Anushka who still manages to look beautiful and emotes naturally.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Sorry mods that repeat post was not a mistake from my side, pls edit.

Watched the tamil movie MOODAR KOODAM.
    The meaning of the title is kind of like fool's venue, rightfully so, the director has made a fool of the audience thinking that the whole Tamil audience belongs to 2nd std B section.
    Just when I thought that Irandam ulagam was the most lunatic movie I had seen, this one beats that,but atleast here and there there a few funny moments in this movie in the name of black comedy.
    In recent days there is a welcome trend in Tamil in making movies of different genres,but not always that works out as in this case.
    1.5 out of 5 stars.1.5 stars is for the beautiful great dane whose story was moving.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    You are trying to search logics in Bollywood movie :evilsmile:evilsmile:evilsmile:evilsmile:evilsmile
    3 people like this.
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ TN folks - How is JILLA movie?
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Well, I haven't watched the movie. If you need review, read this from The Hindu - Review: Jilla - The Hindu

What I liked most in this review is the last sentence which reads,
    "Bottomline: Well, if you’re a fan, do you really need a bottomline?" :D
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    LOL... Mohanlal & Vijay presence made curiosity . Trailer was Powerpacked with typical commerical formula :) . Last film i watched in Tamil was VETTAI..it was good.
  10. Goli Soda is a must watch. A movie about 4 orphaned kids fighting for their identity. When something practically impossible comes with a strong screenplay to make u believe it, the result is awesome.
    3 people like this.