1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @puntosat, have heard lot of good reviews about Lucia. Your post is compelling me even more to watch this movie. Good to hear that its a thought provoking movie which is so uncommon these days!

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Finally watched VISHWAROOPAM.
    If all the controveries that were created were not there, this movie would have died a natural death, for there was no entertainment at all.
    Only mention worthy things were the beautifully choreographed kathak sequence, initial 20 minutes and of course the magnificent Newyork.
    What was the purpose of making this movie?, to teach everyone about terrorism?
    They show us a studio and want us to believe that it's Afghanistan in 2013!
    Kamal had in past reaped huge profits, making ultra low budget comegy movies, then why risk making such high budget directionless movies. This wouldn't have quenched his creative side even like Heyram did.
    For a change the part 2 should be more involving from the promos shown.
    2.5 out of 5 stars
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Is Story very important for a movie? No, says director Mysskin with his new release 'Onayum Aatukuttiyum' (Wolf and a Goat). This is a comeback movie for him after the ultra failure with his previous flick 'Mugamoodi'.

No Story, No Heroin, No Songs, but the gripping screenplay coupled with excellent performance from Mysskin and Sri made me completely engaged with the movie. The incidents that happen over a night is what is scripted brilliantly in this film. Who is the Hero then? Undoubtedly it is Ilayaraja who composed the BGM.

Onaiyum-Aatukuttiyum.jpg

My rating - 8.5/10
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    6 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Today, we watched the movie 'Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum' [The Wolf and The Kid] at Six Degrees in Sathyam complex. Excellent movie by Mysskin. Most of the scenes were shot at the roads of Chennai in the night with the sodium vapour yellow street lighting. We got a free CD containing the original soundtrack scored by Ilaiyaraaja.
    3 people like this.
  5. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    If you like 3D then do not miss Gravity, a very good 3D experience I would say
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I watched the movie last week in 3D Imax. It was awesome experience. No substance in the movie except for the visuals. :D
    1 person likes this.
  7. Gravity was Awesome. apart from the Visuals, the maker has made sure none of the physics law is broken, at least for my physics knowledge.
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I did like this movie too; but not sure from where he a "sutufied" it????? Hope all know that "Anjathey" is a perfect remake of a Korean movie.:eek:
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lively young man, Mishkin has himself said in an interview (watch you tube) that it's lifted from a Portuguese movie. Should it matter at all? , he has made a good edge of the seat thriller, technicaly sound and for those who don't have access to Portuguese movies, like me , movies like his are rare to find.I only wish that he watches more foreign movies so that I can see them in Tamil!.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the tamil movie THANGA MEENGAL.
    Surprised that this genre of movie exists in Tamil.No entertainment, realisticly slow, completely unknown faces (all of them have done a stellar job)
    First kudos to the cinematography. India looks like Scotland. The credit should go to the director I believe, even in his first movie-katradhu thamizh India looked like Scotland.
    Director/actor Ram is excellent, but why does he always have to take up the story of a looser with beard and thick spectacles.Again for the second consecutive time he has taken up the subject of the faulty Indian education system, but this has to applauded.
    Am afraid to say that I liked the movie (might be branded nuts!)
    Recommended only for the very patient, sobre ones.
    3 out of 5 stars