1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh. I missed your post aroon. I have also seen this Brilliant Movie. It deserves the rating whatever you have given.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
  2. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wathched the Tamil movie 'Soodhu Kavvum' over the weekend. It is just awesome. Off-beat movie with no Hero, no Hero-in, no Villain, no duets and no conservative climax. Brilliant work from the Director Nalan Kumarasamy with his very first movie. The performance of Vijay Sethupathy is laudable. :)

soodhu-kavvum_1364369250.jpg

There are reports in the media telling that the remake rights in Hindi for this movie was sold at a record price - The Times of India

My Rating - 8/10
    3 people like this.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Being a fan of Director Mysskin, I am eagerly waiting for the movie 'Onayum Aatukuttiyum'. The film has no songs but the BGM of Ilayaraja is getting on to my nerves.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Me too.

The title card aptly shows Foreground Music Composition [முன்னணி இசை] by Ilaiyaraja. :)
    3 people like this.
  5. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    I have watched few movies (all with BGM by Ilaiyaraaja) with sub-titles/dubbed like Nayagan, Thevar Magan and good old Appu raja or Apoorva Sagodharargal. Background score of Appu raja still bring tears to my eyes. Also background score of Paa is one of my favorite.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the tamil movie-aadhalal kaadhal seiveer.
    A must watch for all parents with teen kids.
    A must avoid for all school, college going teens, that is the 20 % innocent ones, for the director inadvertently teaches as to how to cheat on parents, how to get pregnant, how to handle it and how to discard the baby.
    I did like the final 30 minutes of the movie, especially the climax was a slap on the face and the very last shot was harder slap on the other side of the face.
    Heroine and her mother, yester year actress Thulasi have eccelled in their roles.
    This movie sets a trend of making a good movie with no compromises and making profit even before releasing the movie by selling the tv rights for a bigger amount (in this case 2cr).A welcome development. So, in future too one can expect no compromise good movies in Tamil.
    4 out of 5 stars for the climax.
    Even am a big fan of Mishkin, especially his lengthy foot shots.Eagerly awaiting his movie, more so because there are no heroines!
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

rush-poster06.jpg Saw the Movie "RUSH" yesterday, I loved every bit of it...

Its based on a true story of two great F1 drivers and their rivalry....
    If you love racing, do watch it.. i was practically on the edge of my seat esp during the last race.

Try not to Google into the the real story of the drivers before watching the movie..

- - - Merged Post - - -

Last week i saw 2movies

1 - We're-The-Millers-Poster.jpg
    We are the Millers -- Few few hot scenes of Jennifer Ainston.. over all a watchable movie..

and
    2- grown_ups_two_ver4_xlg.jpg
    Grown Up2 didn't live up to my expectoration, If u have seen the 1st part.. you know what i mean..
    This movie is full of stupid silly jokes, watch this movie only if u want to kill time some how..
    1 person likes this.
  8. hmm, only in two theaters in Bangalore.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Tried to watch SINGAM-2 just for the sake of lovely Anushka (aunty!).
    Could watch only 2 frames and then immediately escaped.
    How do people watch such movies?
    0 stars.
    1 person likes this.
  10. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Go watch LUCIA ..kannada movie...

It has english sub-titles...

Its a brilliant brilliant movie...

Lot of buzz around in India for this movie..from industry stalwarts..

Best part was people were so confused as to what was reality..in this movie...after the movie

They were having heated arguments saying what they are thinking was right..

Kudos to the director!!
    2 people like this.