1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Saw this movie "Saheb,Biwi & Gangster".

Must say, its a good movie, worth a watch! :))
    1 person likes this.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Jishnu you saw the 2nd part which is Saheb,Biwi & Gangster Returns or the 1st part ?
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today, I watched the Tamil movie 'Paradesi'.

If you like see Exotic locations, Glamour, group dances, Un-realistic humour, mind blowing Action sequences, then this movie is definitely not for you. This is really a Pure Cinema from the national award winning director, Bala. "Paradesi" is based on real-life incidents that happened in pre-independent era. The film deals with the enslaved tea plantation workers living in Munnar in late 1930s. It is said to be an adaptation from "Eriyum Panikadu," a Tamil translation of the 1969 novel "Red Tea" by Paul Harris Daniel. This is another brilliant cinema from Bala where I became speechless after watching the movie.

Positives - BALA, Cast of the movie, Cinematography, G.V. Prakash.

My Rating - 9/10

Parasesi.jpg
    3 people like this.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Watched Jolly LLB yesterday. I liked it a lot, must watch at least once. Good performances by Boman Irani & Arshad Warsi - For some reason Arshad never gets the credit he deserves.
    2 people like this.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I watched it today. It potrays the loopholes of the judicial system and the way they are exploited by the rich. Definitely worth watching.

Really liked the performance of the judge, played by Saurabh Shukla.
  6. I watched "Ondu Simpalagi love story" and liked it very much. After a long time some good movies are coming in kannada.
  7. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Oblivion review

Watched Oblivion last week at Prasadz

This film might just be the one that brings to light your extremely debilitating fetish for beautiful cinematography. The movie is visually phenomenal. It's simply a joy to look at. The imagery is iconic and leads to a number of the most beautiful scenes I've seen.

The movie gets slow in pace and then it starts dragging. The plot gets predictable and it takes on a familiar formula seen in plenty of other films. The ending was even weird. I was anticipating an awesome climax but sadly, it's dull and sure enough it leaves you dissatisfied. All in all, nothing revolutionary considering the plot is filled with holes worse than the craters on moon.

Other things I liked in this movie

1. The pool scene where Tom and Victoria swim in the pool at night is romantic and hot. ::V
    2. Olga Kurylenko
    3. The drones

I would give this a rating of 3 only because of the visual treat else I would have given it only 1. I would only recommend everyone to go see this movie in a theater. Trust me, it just won't be the same on TV.

Rating 3/5

p.s: Don't miss the beginning.
    p.p.s: Don't question the logic in this film. The more you think about it, the more you will laugh about it.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ I watched Oblivion today. I totally agree with all your points. To add, it looked like a remake of 'Moon' to me. :)
    They have ruined with the screenplay and the climax too. Not worth it.

My Rating - 6.5/10
  9. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Watched Olympus has Fallen today at Prasadz.

I felt like watching a good action movie and yes, this one doesn't disappoint at all. It's noisy but I enjoyed every minute of it.

The plot is nothing new. It's the same old story where terrorists take over and one single agent rescues everyone. The best part where this stands out is the action and the nice one-liners. From start to finish the action sequences flow perfectly.

If you look at the story, bah, don't even look at it. It's lame and is not convincing at all. If you are in a mood to suspend your belief for a good 1 hr 45 min then go for it.

My rating: 3.5/5
  10. ^^Me too really enjoyed the relevance of the movie to current crisis with north Korea.