1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I do like horror movies and it was my favorite pastime when I was onsite, used to watch minimum a horror movie after midnight every friday at my hotel room.

I am trying to get a good copy (torrent) for possession but not able to get it online. You should also watch
    Insidious, Phobia 1, The Woman in Black
  2. Yes, I second your opinion. IMDB India is listing it as 9.7/10 , that means people are liking the movie.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Watched the movie 'Zero Dark Thirty' directed by Kathryn Bigelow. It is the story of decade long hunt of Osama Bin Laden. The screenplay is brilliant which keeps us engaged with the film. Maya, a women officer of CIA posted in Pakistan has only one thing running in her mind. To locate Bin Laden. This character is claimed to be real but the identity is not revealed. Many part of the story which happens in Pakistan according to the film were actually shot in India (in and around Chandigarh). The final Abbottabad operation is also seems to be set and shot in India. I don't know what controversy this film is going to create when it releases in India.

SUB-24ZERO-articleLarge.jpeg

Worth watching.
    My rating - 8/10.
    4 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Watched the movie 'Django Unchained'. Directed by Quentin Tarantino, the story is set two years before the American Civil War, starred by Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave. Bounty hunter, Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz) seeks the help of Django to capture Brittle brothers - dead or alive with the promise that he would free Django. After the operation the two men choose not to separate ways and they go after the most wanted criminals. But, Django has one goal - to find and rescue his wife Broomhilda (Kerry Washington) whom he lost in the slave trade. The search leads them to Calvin Candie (Leonardo), the owner of the plantation Candyland. Stephen (Samuel Jackson) is a trusted slave of Calvin and he always remains with his side. He has done his role brilliantly eventhough it is short.

To summarize, it is another master piece from Quentin Tarantino.

DU red.jpg

My rating - 8.5/10
    3 people like this.
  5. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Watched movie Parker yesterday at Prasads IMAX, Hyderabad.
    Starring* Jason Statham, Jennifer lopez

This movie runs at an uneven pace. Parker, a thief gets double-crossed, gets shot and then is then left for dead. (As usual he plays a good-bad guy) Our hero then gets rescued by some good folks and so begins the battle for revenge. The action is everywhere.. Its fast, good but effective and bloody in execution. Simply put, its creative. They hit each other with everything they can find including a TV, toilet tank and what not. Albeit certain scenes are way too bloody.

JLO is good but the chemistry between Parker and JLO is nothing to write about. I always like to see this dude in the driver seat of a fast-paced thriller. That's where he usually shines. Anyways, in the end, this is not a bad flick if keep your expectations low. This one could have been much much better movie but it is what it is now, so watch this one with a suspension of disbelief.

Note: The film is violent and at times it gets gruesome. It also contains a bit of gratuitous nudity. Definitely not for kids!

My rating: 3/5 (only because I love action movies plus I am big fan of Jason)

EDIT: A bit tired from the Hyderabad meet but going to the theater to watch Special 26 now in another 45 min. Will post my review here soon.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  6. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Special 26
    *Akshay, Anupam Kher, Manoj Bajpai

Brilliant, Brilliant movie. Very rarely comes a movie that keeps the viewer's attention intact till the very end. Guys, this is a must watch movie.

The major credit should go to the director. The way he picturized the Indian cities of the 1980's like the roads, officials travelling only in white ambassadors etc.. is well convincing.

The same thing cannot be said about the music. The songs are average and a big bore. The background score is gripping though and it well compliments with the fast paces scenes in the movie. Akshay, Anupam Kher and Manoj bajpai are as usual teriffic. The first half feels a bit stretched out due to the songs. Had the first half been trimmed off those unnecessary songs, this would have been a much much better movie.

I will not reveal the suspense, so, go watch this movie. This is well worth your time and money.

My rating: 4.5/5
    1 person likes this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Agree with Hurricane. Watched this movie over weekend. Superb acting. After a long time AK has chosen a sensible role. Yes, they have managed to create 1980s atmosphere on roads especially very well. Only at one place I could spot a Red Maruti Esteem though :rolleyes: Compared to present day Bollywood sterotypes, this movie really stands out. No bakwas comedy, no unnecessary use of emotions / songs etc. Its a neat family entertainer
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I also watched this movie on weekend, I agree with the comments.
    Just that Manoj Bajpai's acting was on top. Brilliant.

And about the song, its good that it has has just 2 or so songs, so movie doesn't look slow, mostly. End is excellent, and Director kept it open for sequel.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I too liked the movie Special 26, the only thing according to me could have been done without is the "love life of AK", I think this particular film could have done without a love angle at all, but that is only my opinion.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched warhorse on Star movies.It's a Steven Spielberg movie, do we have to dsay more.A beautiful movie, a must watch, 4 out of 5 stars.the horse was beautiful, if only it was possible I would like to have one apart from the other beautiful horse from fiat!How does the genius in Spielberg comes with ideas to mwke movies on rare themes.
    Hi Ramjn, long time no see? Still in Us huh, watching rare English movies..
    1 person likes this.