1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Watched "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya"[Buddy.. Do you like to eat Laddu] Perfect Entertainer. Hats off to power Star. Those who were teasing him regardless of limits, now appreciating regardless of Limits. BTW I saw it in Vadapalani[Chennai] Kamala Cinemas,10:45 PM show and I spotted a Tuscan wine punto there but I was unable to view the number.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol AMit and Ramjn,therelationship with my lovely LInea is very smooth unlike the relationshipin NEP,AMit,myLInea is getting greater by the day,I hadtaken the service of a chaufer who is employed with a rich guy who owns a Bmw 7 series ans Audi 7 and the driver said that my car is so good that he couldn't differentiate my LInea from the BMW 7,he drives!,this he said repeatedly.(Am typing in my galaxy tab2 for the first time,so excuse my mistakes)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Watched LIfe of pi.
    A beautiful experience,I infact liked the spiritual angle.
    Tabu was as usual beautiful,God,why did Tabu grow old!?
    I didn't understand the necessity of 3D for this movie,but the way the 3D was underplayed,it looked very natural unlike the 3D in B grade movies.
    Cinematography and music are oscar material,let's see.
    The guy who played PI has done a tremanous job,even if not oscar,he should be given some recognition.
    A definite must watch.
    4 out of 5 stars
    2 people like this.
  3. It is very hard to type in Tab2.[For new-users] If we hold it on both the sides, then the letters on the center are hard to reach. More Practice will be needed. After using it a month, I am now little bit fast in typing.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watced the Tamil movie -KUMKI.
    What a beautiful movie!,watched it the very next after watching Life of Pi,so could not stop comparing,especially since an animal forms the central charector in both movies,Kumki was even better than Life of Pi in so many ways,
    Cinematography was exemplary,you wonder if the camera man plucked out all the old leaves to make the forest plush green and the sun rays and waterfalls,one has to see it to relish it.
    Music is extraordinary,where did Imam hide all his talents all these years,I haven't heard such a soulfull music for over 2 years since Vinaithandi varuvaya.
    Shall we expect atleast national awards for the cineamtographer and music director?
    It's very unfortunate that great regional talents go largely unnoticed.
    When you feel that why the movie is so long,in this movie,you it could have been longer,you could have watched the beautifull elephant and the beautifull heroine for some more time!
    I personally felt that the movie would have been even bigger hit if it had a happy ending,even if the director has separated the lover,he could have spared the life of the elephant.
    A must watch for all quality movie lovers.
    4 out of 5 stars

- - - Merged Post - - -

Arvindh,very true,but am getting used to the tablet,but why don't people invent a 15 inch tablet!?,it would be easier!
    3 people like this.
  5. You are right bala, I too felt that the climax Fight between the elephants could have been more. It hardly lasted for a minute[other than starring and walking].
    BTW, how did you see the whole film within 15 minutes..?? Your previous post was at 11:35 and the above was at 11:57..??
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,the climax elephant fight could have been longer,then that it was only a computer graphic would become evident then,then there is also the animal rights issue if the dircetor was using the elephant for a fight.
    I felt that the movie itself could have been longer,when are we going to see such plush gren forest again?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Vishwaroopam

Today, watched the Tamil movie Viswaroopam in a theater in USA. Being a big fan of Kamal Haasan, I was waiting for this movie very eagerly. To describe about the movie, it is simply AWESOME. Never before I have seen an Indian movie this big and grand. It can easily compete with Hollywood movies in terms of technology. The whole story line revolves around USA and Afghanistan. There is no India anywhere in the movie :). As usual, Kamal Haasan has acted brilliantly. Do I even need to explain about his acting? The story starts in New York, where Vishwanath (Kamal) is a Kathak Master. His wife Nirupama not living happily with Vishwanath has an affair with a colleague but she also suspects that her husband also have an affair with his student (Andrea). She hires a private detective to check this out. The detective follows Vishwanath and soon finds that he is not a Hindu but a Muslim. Things take dramatic and unexpected turns. The screenplay is brilliantly handled with no lag. All in all, it is a complete Action Flick from Kamal Haasan.

Vishwaroopam.jpg

Note:- Regarding the controversy, I haven't felt any scene in the movie to be offensive to any community. In fact, there is no reference or portrayal of any community from India.
    :ban

My Rating - 8/10 ::T
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    4 people like this.
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow ! Luck you maan !! Thanks for the review. I am looking forward to watching this movie. The whole drama around it is so disappointing. Hope sanity prevails and the film is released across the country soon.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Any Horror/Supernatural fans out here then do watch these films -

1.The Apparition
    2.The Possession
    3.Hostel 3
    4.The Devil Inside

The possession really scared the hell outta me :-D
  10. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun