1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I always like to watch movie in a Cinema Hall. Big screen, Good Sound effect, and with Hot filter coffee. My personal favorite in this regard is the Sathyam Cinemas in Chennai. Absolutely brilliant in terms of cleanliness, ambience, food, interiors and the sound. I am yet to see a multiplex that is as good as Sathyam in Chennai. Not even in UK or USA.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    LOL Ramjn,I watch these movies to learn how as to how a movie can be bad!

Watched the Tamil movie MAATRAAN.
    A huge let down from K.V.Anandh's team.When you watch the movie,you learn as to why cinematographers fail badly when they turn directors(Rajiv menon was an exemption and even K.V Anandh's first movie-kanaa kanden was good)
    There is complete lack of direction,so much so that even a seasoned actor like Surya ends up acting as if he is acting in a Doordarshan drama.All that the director had thought was,make scenes ofsmall length,cobble them together and the end product would be a racy film.A bad idea.
    Kajal has to make faces and look cute and she does that well(she is very slim in the scenes in Ukraine and very plumb in the duet)
    Music director Harris Jayraj needs some rest,very bad music and songs.
    2 out of 5 stars
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. Did Rajiv Menon made any good film? To my knowledge Brilliant Cinematographers always make the most boring movie. K.V. Anandh actually did good job with the film 'Ko'. As far as I remember, the good cinematographer/director is the one and only Balu Mahendra.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Rajiv Menon did Minsara Kanavu and Kandukondain Kandukondain as director and Bombay as cinematographer. Not sure if you consider them boring :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Absolutely. Though they are not bad movies, not brilliant in my opinion. Artificial screenplay coupled with less substance. I always remember the role of Mammooty in Kandukondein, nothing else.
    2 people like this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ya,I too completely agree with patchy boy.
    Kandulondein kandukondein was brilliant,I would have watched it atleast 50 times,twice in DEVI,last time I did that in a theatre.
    This movie should have been good,it ran for 100 days in Delhi and Mumbai with just subtitles and no dubbing
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Aishwarya Rai effect? :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol,for me it was TABU effect!!!!,she is a brilliant actress,the best one who can cry well.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Absolutely. It takes a Rajiv Menon to make Ms.Rai look good :evilsmile
    Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    and act well as well.
    To me that was the best pefroamnce from Ash apart from Iruvar.