1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Watched the Tamil movie 'Thuppaki' starred by Vijay and Kajal Agarwal. The movie is truly commercial but very engaging till the end. Vijay has taken the role of hunting down the terrorist organization which has plans to terrorize Mumbai city. This should be a blockbuster for Vijay for sure.

My rating - 7/10

thuppaki.jpg
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie-SAATAI.
    A must watch for good movie lovers with hoards of messages,in docu style.
    A must avoid for Ajith,Vijay kind of film fans.
    The producer,director Prabhu solomon should be the most courageous person in Tn today to produce this kind of a movie,with no duets,no star value,no Swiss songs,no belly dances.
    Was his target the national award???
    3 out of 5 stars

- - - Merged Post - - -

Watched the Tamil movie -THAANDAVAM.
    A perfect example of how some one else'e money can be wasted for the director,who wanted to have a vacation in th UK!!
    The director should not have ventured into untested territory of action movies,where he fails miserably,but the romantic portion in the movie is very soothing
    There are only two positives.
    Anushka,what an actress she is,which ever role she does,she lends respect to the role.Here she plays a doctor and imeditaly you(me)feel very proud of being a doctor.But for such a rare versatile actor,all that the Tamil and Telugu industry have given is only dare all bare all clothes,probably the word- meaty role misunderstood!
    The cinematographer is fantabulous,each an every frame in the movie is a portrait in the museum material
    2 out of 5 stars,one star each for Anushka and the cinematographer

- - - Merged Post - - -

A perfect example of how some one else'e money can be wasted for the director,who wanted to have a vacation in th UK!!
    The director should not have ventured into untested territory of action movies,where he fails miserably,but the romantic portion in the movie is very soothing
    Anushka,what an actress she is,which ever role she does,she lends respect to the role.Here she plays a doctor and imeditaly you(me)feel very proud of being a doctor.But for such a rare versatile actor,all that the Tamil and Telugu industry have given is only dare all bare all clothes,probably the word- meaty role misunderstood!
    The cinematographer is fantabulous,each an every frame in the movie is a portrait in the museum material

- - - Merged Post - - -

4 people like this.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Bala you watched Thaandavam thrice ??:evilsmile
    2 people like this.
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

any comments on "Life of PI" & "Twilight"??
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I watched Life of Pi 3D last weekend. Visual effects and 3D quality is absolute treat for the eyes. At places movie appears to be little slow paced but over all a good watch!
    1 person likes this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    LOL Cinju,watched Thandavam in 3 sittings!!!

Watched the Tamil movie BILLA 2
    A must avoid.
    The story line is simple,the hero holds a gun and shoots every one in the movie,so much so that when every one is finished you start feeling that he might even shoot you!!!,thank God,the movie isn't in 3D.
    Like constituting best actor award,if a best walker award is announced,hero Ajith would win it hands down!!,he has walked well!
    This is the smallest role(and clothes)ever for heroines in Tamil,Bruna abdullah get half line of dialogue to deliver and half a metre cloth to wear!
    One song IdHAYAM is very melodious but is horrendously picturised.
    1 out of 5 stars
    one is for the very stylish cinematography.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    :lol
    I should first appreciate you for even deciding to watch this movie.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Never even knew such a thread existed. :oops:

While I love watching movies, I am quite wary of going to a movie theatre. Getting tickets is an hassle, parking is an hassle, popcorn is way too pricey :D. The best way I love it - Get a DVD, mix a glass of scotch and enjoy at home :evilsmile

Will read this thread in its entirety, before deciding if I can even contribute here.

Rajan
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Then you should try INOX in Panjim. Plenty of parking space. Some times people even park their car there and go for roaming. I have never watched movie in such a relaxed manner. On weekdays you will doubt how the owner gets profit. Because of popcorn?
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ But that would mean a drive from B'lore to Goa :(

Even in B'lore, it is possible to get parking in the movies, but driving there is another story altogether :D

Rajan