1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie-VAZHAKU EN18/9
    Path breaking in alotof ways.
    A perfect example of how a good movie can be made with in a crore rupees,not compromising on the quality.The movie has made 5 times of the investment from Chennai collection alone.
    Just a handful of good new comers as actors,a perfect screenplay and a touching story and the critical acclaim and mass public support follow.
    Very heartening to know that a movie with out a duet,fight sequences,punch dialogues and flashy actors can succeed.
    Messages in tons-against prostitution,child labor,women drinking,bonded labor,school donations,corruption,loop holes in law,etc,all these told in an impressive manner.
    4 out of 5 stars,a must watch.
    While wondering as to what made average southern movies remade in Hindi click,like houseful,rowdy rathore,gajini,etc.wish seriously good movies like these are also remade.
    A perfect punishment for victims of acid throw is what is the most satisfying element in the movie.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Bala, we are searching you in the Eateries thread and you are posting a review of a movie here :D
    1 person likes this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ramjn,you will have to google to find what jigarthanda is made off!!!!
  4. Saving Private Ryan (1990's movie)
    It is one of the most realistic war movie. Nearly 80% of the movie is filled with war, bomb and artillery sounds. Period of the story is world war 2.
    Story starts with by showing a world war 2 veteran, who comes to a war memorial, to pay tribute to people who saved during world war. He broke into tears and story line goes to his war memories. From the next frame, story line goes through D-day battle at Normandy, North of France. Theme of this real story is - A family of Ryan brothers, who were deployed in various units near English channel cost of Europe, to capture German occupied landscapes. US army general declares James Francis Ryan as private, after his three brothers loose their life in battle. A team is formed after D-day, to find and rescue private Ryan, which is lead by Tom Hanks. Story is about how the team finds Ryan and saves him. 5/5 just for the war realism. I don't like watching movie with blood gore. Still I watched this movie several times.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    One more war movie I liked is Enemy at the gates.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Did any one watch the movie Ferrari ki sawari? How is it?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    a brief review by Vahan!
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Watched Ferrari ki sawari yesterday. It was a nice movie to watch with family. My son had lot of fun.
    Nice to see red ferrari on big screen. :D
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Watched Madagascar.. nice 3d...

spider-man releases tomorrow.. have booked tickets...
    1 person likes this.
  9. Watched Urumi [Tamil version of Malayalam movie]. Initially I was bit hesitant to watch this movie, as I thought it would be boring. But, it kept me watching till the end and I was completely hooked up with the story. 4/5. It left an impact on me, as story reveals an untold history (at least to me).
  10. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Watched The Amazing Spider Man today. It is a pretty decent movie. The first half is a bit boring, but things get interesting after the interval. The action scenes are good, even more so in 3D. Overall: 3.5/5.