1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    2 days back I happened to watch 'Act Of Valor' . It is about a team of Navy SEALs embark on a covert mission to recover a kidnapped CIA agent . It is based on some real operations which was done by US Navy Seals post 9/11 . I would say this was one of the most beautifully picturised rescue operation I have seen. 10/10 for photography.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Watched a Tamil movie yesterday – Leelai. I wanted to watch it, as my better half was working in the same office where most of the scenes in the film were shot. Story started in an interesting manner, but turned out to be boring at end. A small element, about how male lead is going to reveal truth about him to female lead character, will keep you guessing till the end. Fault in logic can be felt in many part of the story line. Comedy track lead by Santhanam is not up to the mark. Except few, all comedy scenes are boring. 2/5
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched the Tamil movie-YOGI on Kalaignar TV,only from midway and from the very first scene I had watched I started liking the movie.Very different and very soulful,bad that this movie flopped.Lots of unusual movies hit the jackpot at the box office and some good ones bite the dust,you never know why.A must watch movie.
    3.5 out of 5 stars.
    Soundar,Leelai has had many good reviews in various magazines,may be becauseof the noveltyfactor I think.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala - You are always coming live (on TFI) after 11.30 PM. Any secret behind this? :D
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol Ramjn,the one secret I can reveal is insomnia and as for the the other secrets,they can't be revealed in a public forum!!!!:D
  6. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Rowdy Rathore: A typical masala flick just like Dabbang. Filled with Great Dance and Songs and Hardcore Action and Rib-Tickling Comedy. A must watch. but its just that the action is a bit too strong.

Rating- 3 and 1/2.

Story:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowdy_Rathore
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rowdy rathore is a hindi remake of siruthai, a tamil movie starring karthi . It was kinda ok in tamil.. I m sure akshay kumar would have ruined it all in hindi !(btw i didnt watch it..)
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Here is the actual fact..............
    "Vikramarkudu is a Telugu action thriller film directed by S.S. Rajamouli. Ravi Teja and Anushka Shetty played the main roles. Ravi Teja played a double role, for the first time, in this film and praised by big stars for his commendable performance. The film was given an 'A' certificate upon release. It released on 23 June 2006 and was a big success. It was later remade in Tamil as Siruthai, in Kannada as Veera Madakari, in Hindi as Rowdy Rathore, and in Bengali as Bikram Singha."

Source : Vikramarkudu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Planning to watch "Gangs of Wasseypur" in theater, after 3 years gap.:)

The place "Wasseypur" actually Dhanbad, is just 25 KM from my hometown (Bokaro).
    1 person likes this.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Ravi the place is it really notorious ?