1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The climax explains everything: Leonardo was indeed a US Marshal. His wife with suicidal tendency kills their children and he in turn kills his wife and sets their apartment afire. He is admitted to the mental hospital at Shutter Island. He escapes from the hospital. His doctor goes and brings him back to the hospital by saying that Leonardo is his boss and both are deputed to investigate a case relating to a missing patient from that hospital! That is the opening scene of this fantastic psychological thriller. This is my understanding of the story!:)
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    That is how it is Ravi ji. Such movies can be called onion movies, layer within a layer. Some worth watching movies that I saw recently:

Warrior, Kungfu Panda 2, Swing Vote, Super 8, Drive, The Ides of March, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Inbetweeners, Toast, The Music Never Stopped, Little Miss Sunshine and MoneyBall.
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I am enjoying this movie right now on Star Vijay channel albeit with ads.
    I will be watching this movie tomorrow morning in the same channel.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes Raviji,watch both the movies and let us know if you liked,but Muran has an adult theme,still,it's a good thriller.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Watched the Tamil Movie-MOUNA GURU.
    Again,it looks like Tamil filmdom is coming off age with different themes(sad that they do not become blockbusters when bad movies like Endhiran and Mangatha become blockbusters).
    Again a rarity,where a thriller does not have an adult theme,should be the first family thriller!
    Very surprising to know that this is only the second movie of the hero Arulnidhi(would not be surprising if one considers that he is the grandson of ex cm,Mr.Karunanidhi).His voice modulation,body language and expressions are very endearing and natural.
    Not bad to watch with family.
    3.5 out of 5 stars.
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Engeyum Eppodum [Tamil] is a touching movie with a lot of messages: blood/eye/organ donation, getting HIV tested negative before marriage and sober-driving following all traffic rules. Trivia shown during the commercial interval: the scene where the actor Jai gives blood for blood test in a hospital was shot twice and he actually donated blood both the times.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  6. limitless
    decent movie i feel

watching THE WORLD'S FASTEST INDIAN for the nth time now.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Just a few minutes back, the movie Nandalala [Tamil] ended in Kalaignar TV. Superb movie. The three characters comprising director Mysskin himself portraying a mental patient escaping from a mental hospital, a school student Ashwath Ram, both in search of their mothers and a prostitute joining them in their journey take us with them to meet different type of people in different mode of transportation throughout their journey. Mahesh Muthuswamy's brilliant photography, Ilaiya Raaja's melodious background score, smooth screenplay and excellent direction are the highlights of this wonderful film.:up
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Raviji,that was a brilliant movie(though alleged to be a rip off of a Japanese movie) and very untamil!!!(movies with explicit scenes relating to prostitutes have never worked in Tamil).
    If you had liked that movie,you should watch other Director Mishkin's movies-Anjathe(excellent,I've watched it 5 times!),yutham sei and his first movie(the name of which I forgot)
    Iam a huge Mishkin fan
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last Wednesday saw the telugu movie 'BUSINESSMAN':cool

No need to say about the director PURI JAGGANADH well known for his actions,fights with romance touch...
    this movie also will be a super duper(already) hit for actor 'MAHESH BABU'..
    beautiful music from Thamman.. and i'm getting habbit to his music all the tym playing in Punto the song 'Sir Sir Osthar Osthar' Raaga - Sir Osthara - Businessman. Download Telugu MP3 songs

and definitely will wait for remake in HINDI.... like movie POKIRI to WANTED in hindi.. Sallu bhai's...
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Today, I watched Julie & Julia on DVD. Good film.

Nandalala was loosely based on the 1999 Japanese film Kikujiro and partly inspired from Myshkin's life, according to Wikipedia.
    Yes. I enjoyed watching Anjathe. Snigdha, who had performed a popular item number in Anjathe, did the prostitute role in Nandalala.
    I missed it.
    Chittiram Pesuthadi. Watched it.
    Me too. :)
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012