1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    The point to be noted here is that only 2 movies were released or were allowed to be released,this Diwali(earlier almost 10 movies would be released),so even if the movie is bad,it will have it's collection and the investment returned,because the viewer do not have any other choice.Lots of other movies were ready for release,like Dhanush's Mayakkam enna,but were forced to postpone the release.Is this a healthy practise??
    About TV,there is this programme in V,called Axe your Ex.One day a guy was made to run in just a brief in the middle of a busy road and a spycam in a room showed him removing his shirt,jean and change to a short.Won't they realize that even school girls have access to TV??
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Saw the Hindi film "Lekin" after years. First time i'd seen it i was a child and didn't know what was going on.

It's a nice film, lovely music. When Gulzar was what he was. Not today's Gulzar.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched this Tamil movie -VAAGAI SOODA VAA.Simply fantastic.
    I haven't seen such a movie so far,neither will I see in future too,a film made with an only intention of educating the public and in doing so,it was fairly entertaining,engaging and fun too.
    I felt really sad that it flopped big time and both the hero and the director(it was only his 2nd movie)returned their renumeration to the producer magnanimously.I would only say that it's not the producer who has lost,it's only the public who are the loosers if they hadn't watched this movie.
    A must watch movie,4.5 out of 5 stars.(can we expect any award,atleast in the section of movies for children?)
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched this Tamil movie-MURAN
    Should say,it's a very neatly made,slick crime thriller.Though it was very lengthy,of more than 2 hours length,there was not a minute of boredom.Though it's not a kind of edge of the seat thriller,certainly the plot was very intriguing and interesting.Bad,that the film flopped,but the producer UTV motion pictures should have known that the Tamil audience will never accept films harping on extra marital affairs,though I personally felt that the plot-I'll kill your wife,you kill my father was very different and interesting.A very rare species of a thriller movie and not to be missed by fans of crime novels/movies.I some how feel that the same audience would have thronged the theatres if this movie was an English movie!(would make a good hit if it was to be made in Hollywood)
    4 out of 5 stars.
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I managed to get a DVD of a really old English movie. It was released in 1966 and I had seen this as a kid in 1968 on the big screen. The movie is called "Grand Prix", and is in my opinion the finest movie made about Formula 1 racing.

It is a long movie with a plot that brings out the story of some of the F1 drivers. They have shown about five or six races, including Brussels, Monaco etc. Despite the vintage, this movie had astounding camera work during the race sequences. The cameras are fixed to the cars, and it puts you in the cockpit along with the engine noise. It is really awesome. There are some really mind blowing shots of driving through thick rain.

The F1 cars of that vintage look more like go-karts - quite unlike the hi-tech wonders that we saw at Greater NOIDA. The cockpit shots show the layout very well. They have plain three spoke steering wheels with NO other gadgets/switches. On the left side of the cockpit is a gear lever, which the driver operates using a conventional clutch. The drivers wear a helmet with old style motorcycle goggles. Contact with the pits is through hand signals/flags from the pit. The tires are rather narrow unlike the current tires. To me they looked like non-radials.

I can go on and on. But, I will strongly recommend that all F1 fans see this movie.

Regards
    Johnny
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Dirty picture????
    Has any one watched????,it's seen getting excellent reviews in all the magazines/newspaper??,seems like Divya balan has outsmarted even SRK's Raone.From the title of it,I thought it was a sleaze movie,but from the reviews it's been getting and when you see women in the audience,look's like it should be a good movie,cleavages and hip gyrations not withstanding!
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I enjoyed watching the following good movies on my new Samsung 40" LED TV thanks to free 4-months' subscription to seventymm.com offered by flipkart.com:

1. Shutter Island

2. The Departed

3. Body of Lies

4. Vantage Point

5. The Stepfather

6. The Return of the Pink Panther

7. Horton Hears A Who

8. Despicable Me
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    So, Ravi Sir, was Leonardo a U.S. Marshal or not? :p :p

I've not been able to figure out till date. :D
  9. the devil's double
    a must watch movie!! really good

and rajanna in telugu a movie with a different theme
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Just watched the Tamil movie-MAYAKAM ENNA.
    What can one say,for the first few minutes,I was getting wild,was scolding the director in mind as to how a family audience would sit through watching 2 guys and 2 girls sleeping in the same cot,drinking together,mouthing foul language,etc,but,a little later the film just takes off to another level,which should be seen to be understood.Another national award for Danush???,he deserves,this performance is even better than the award winning one and one can understand why he everytime tells that he would like to referred to as an award winning actor rather than the kolaveri song singer.
    Excellent cinematography,I haven't seen anything better in life so far,so much so that you can even feel the scenes like,when it rained in one seen,I actually got back a little,fearing that I would get wet!.Music by G.V.prakash is another wonder,in lots of scenes I just wanted to close my eyes and enjoy the rerecording.Debutant actress Richa Gangopathey has given an excellent performance,hard to beleive that it's her first movie.
    Director Selvaraghavan proves his mettle yet again,but wish he does not make films with an adult subject like he always does.Why did this movie did not become a runaway hit??,may be little editing in the first 20 minutes would have helped.
    A must watch film,4 out of 5 stars,watch for atleast a couple of awards.