1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Bala frankly speaking one of my friend had gone through this very same experience as in Vinnathandi Varuvaya. That is why I said real life incidents. Only difference was the guy already knew she was elder;). We all expected it to be a happy ending and as shown in the movie here too the girl backed off due to some personal reasons. I sometimes felt like whether my friend has written this story. For Engeyum Epodhum I really appreciate the director's way of bringing out some real good morals. On watching the head on collision scene I was like :eek: :eek::eek::eek:.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bala, after reading your review here, went to see this tday evening . second half was like seeing final destination tamil edition! tragedy to the extreme, even driving back home was tough!! Though tragedy smelled from the first itself, didnt imagine it would be so bad...realized that he tried to tell so many messages in the movie at the end, HIV test, organ donation, drive safe n slow, etc... Anjalis acting was also very good..... loved 2 songs as well!!
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Yeah Varun,the tragedy at the end was too much,but it was essential in the screenplay to drive home the message.(even I retired for the day after watching the movie,did nothing else that I would normally do).I actually wept(even after the movie was over,atleast once for each couple separated!,I really felt for the college couple).Yup,Anjali had acted well,but since her acting was even better in Angadi theru(have you watched that movie,that is another highly recommended tragedy movie),it was not unexpected.Ananya was very innocent and bubbly in the movie.
    For all the tragedy in the end,it was very well compensated by the humour in the love story of both the couples,especiialy Ananya's!
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Speaking of tragedies, I watched Mynaa [Tamil] on Vijay TV on the last Sunday afternoon. Another brilliant movie with a tragic end, which bagged a couple of awards. The first-time actor Thambi Ramaiah, who donned the role of police constable named Ramaiah, excelled, and in fact, dominated the movie more than the lead actors Vidharth and Amala Paul. Daily, I started listening to the songs number of times. Even now, as I am composing this post, the song 'Mynaa..Mynaa' [Music by D Imman and lyrics by Yuga Bharathi] is being played in the background. I read the news that this movie is already being remade in other languages.

Here is the link for listening to the melodious songs of Mynaa:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Saw Cars 2. During the Italy leg, lots of preening Punto and 500 and Pandas are shown. Movie is average though.
  6. Why not you guys Watch 'Vaagai Sooda va' from the Director of Kalavani. A great relief from the impact of Engeyum Eppodhum. Vaagai Sooda Va was a feel good movie, Nice songs, Nice acting from the leads, Nice humor from the Kids, a great Art direction and a great screenplay. The movie takes you to the 1966 and the Bonded Labour practice going on in those days. Mr Sargunam, the director of this movie has a different style in making movies. From the begining or atleast towards the end of the muvi you would feel like a Big tragedy is awaiting but the Movie would be a happy ending. In both Kalavani and Vaagai Sooda Va the last 20 - 30 minutes would make you feel a very high voltage tragedy is gonna come but In kalavani the end was a Humorous and in vaagai sooda va a happy Ending with a superb message.

The recent non indian movie I watched was Elite Squade 1 and 2. A nice thriller. A Must watch movie, based in rio de janeiro, a Honest Security Officer and his juniors dealing with the corrupt police dept and politicians. A very well executed movie.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Hmm,have to see vaagi sooda vaa.
    Saw this movie-FROZEN on HBO.I think Hollywood filmmakers by now would have exhausted all the disasters to make film on.Title of the movie will tell you the story.Though the movie looked like a B grade one,it's not actually bad,considering the fact that we see only 3 faces for 1 hour and in the same location and was still reasonably interesting.But,logically,it's a big question if they really allow skying in places full of man eating wolves??
    2.5 out of 5 stars,not bad for a one time watch
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I saw a chinese movie called IPMAN, very good. Must see for all KungFU fans.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Any reviews on the most awaited Diwali releases of south Ra.One, 7am Arivu & Velayutham ?
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    7am Arivu seems to be not upto the mark. Sify review tells that the film is illogical. Whereas they say Velayutham is mass entertainer with all ingredients :).