1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 16, 2010.

1. kanchana? That lawrence thing..
    Action packed weekends ahead here. 6 weeks 6 movies waiting to be released
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Sri,the same Laurence's Kanchana.Heard that it's a big hit in telugu too,infact it's the telugu industry which made him a director out of nowhere.He should be indebted to telugu industry for whatever he is.I remember that it's the film Mass with Nagarjuna which brought him to limelight.Iam not a big fan of his cheap styles and his stupid choreography where all the dancers sway to one side like a Pisa tower all the time.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Watched this Tamil movie-Adukalam,which grabbed 5 national award this year.
    Actually I had tried to watch the movie when it was released,but couldn't sit past 15 minutes,for it was all cock fight and nothing else.I was wondering then as to why the magazines were vying with each other in heaping praises on the movie.Last week,when I watched it again to see what made it to grab 5 national awards,I understood.It is very realistic and the performance of the national award winning hero Dhanush was even more commendable(I was never his fan).I infact had liked the same award winning director's earlier movie-Polladhavan even more,it was all about the hero and his love-his Bajaj Pulsar!!!
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Bala,

You see lot many movies. :)
    how do you find time?
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hi Amit,
    How have you been doing?
    Yeah,after 9PM,when the job ends,the rest of the day(night??)is for myself!,not a doc after 9PM!,so,I have all the time in the world to watch movies.Even before 9PM,the TV keeps running all the time in the consultation room,one eye watching the TV and one eye seeing the patient!,may sound very unprofessional,but,that's the case with all docs here.If the situation is like,if we can watch movies only after all the work is done and then to find time,we can find time only in the next birth!
    In fact I even ask patients to wait outside if I find something interesting in TV!(maybe very unprofessional,but it's not worth sacrificing everything for the sake of one's profession,I have sacrifised enough)
    Inspite of all this I do watch only 2 or 3 movies a month!.Movies have become very bad and stale to my taste
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Saw this wonderful Tamil movie-ENGEYUM EPODHUM
    One word,it's a disturbing movie
    It's a different movie in a lot of ways.It starts with a climax,there are no duets,no dance sequences,no fight sequences,no villain,even no make up on most of the actors.There is not a single moment of lag in this Fox Studios produced movie,directed by a debutant director,who looks like a school boy.Excellent performances by all the actors and my pick for the best would be Ananya and young college guy falling in love.Tamil movies with a tragic climax have succeeded and this is the latest one but the tragedy in this movie is too much too digest and I wish the director had spared atleast the father returning from Dubai to meet his daughter whom he had never seen.This movie left me with a sleepless night and am surprised that such a young director has given so many messages in his very first movie like organ donation,not to wait for old age to sign for that,avoid speeding,avoid talking over mobile while driving,etc
    But for the tragic climax(which is incidentally shot in my hometown!),the movie is thoroughly enjoyable,an wholesome entertainer,I laughed out loud 50 times atleast and there was no comedian or a comedy track in the movie
    A must watch movie(irrsepective of the language barrier),especially since this is an automotive forum and every one drives a vehicle
    5 out of 5 stars
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Bala,

Good to know that you can find time (even after 9 pm). As for me, movies in hall have become very very rare thing. TV is still ok, but movie hall visit is possible once or twice a year only. And this has happened to a guy who used to watch 2-3 movies a week during college days !
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Bala yes even I rate it as 5 star. A well shot movie with absolutely no hype. I even liked vinnaithandi varuvaya which had a really different climax like this and both these movies are somewhat related to real life incidents. Engeyum Epodhum is surely a MUST WATCH movie.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Watched Sahab Biwi Gangster Movie... full time pass for 2:30 hour. ;-)
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Amit,it's the same case here,movie in a hall,yup,once in 2 or 3 years at the most,yes,for a guy who watched 3 movies every week in a movie hall while in college.Mostly,these days, it's like 3 or 4 hours wasted while being in a theatre.Not the same while watching on a Tv though,we do 2 or 3 jobs at the same time,Also,it's difficult to be seated at the same place for hours together,being squeezed on either side!
    Cinju,yes,Engeyum epodhum is an excellent movie,I even appreciated the way the dircetor sent a sublte message to get the blood of bf/gf checked for various diseases,including HIV,not before marriage,but even before saying,I love you!.Also,it's rare movie,where the hero and heroine never touch each other,inspite of being in love,except in the climax,where the heroine holds his fingers!,glad,that the director atleast spared this one couple out of the four couples in the story.let's see if this movie picks up some awards,but,nevertheless,if atleast 100 people have decreased their driving speed after watching this movie,that itself would be a big award for the young director and his great intention
    About Vinnai thandi varuvaya,yes,it was well made,but am not in agreement with the story line.What,the heroine kisses the hero on his lips,sleeps on his lap,roams with him for 2 years and suddenly discovers and says,am 2 years elder to you and I belong to a different religion,so bye.A waste of 2 years for the hero and 2 hours for us!,But,it was stylishly made