1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Most arrogant

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by rameshjoshi, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I've found, say, 8 out of 10 Puntos/Lineas driven in a sedate, decent manner.
    at least 4 out of i20 Petrols & Diesels want to 'race' when they spot my 90hp. My dad usually laughs them off, except for one incident wherein a red CRDi cut us off arrogantly and didn't yield later - we took sweet revenge. :p
    Polos, 1.5 Vernas and Swifts are next.

Innova/Xylo/Scorpio - (Non ABS mostly) drivers too seem very arrogant. They drive at 140 -160 (on the speedo) We usually cruise at 80-120 on empty highways
    with the marked limit 80 or 100 and let the idiots pass us at 10-20 km/h more than us. We feel amused, and on one occasion, sped up to 150 with a xylo, scorpio and 2 Innovas on our trail, and boy! They were trying desperately to gain on us, but they were halfway from the horizon in our RVMs. Somehow the Xylo caught up, and we floored the pedal to 160..165 and in a minute the xylo was back to his previous position; and then we realized how stupid x( we were being and slowed down to 100 and let the guys pass with a long wave :p

BMTC/KSRTC drivers are the worst lot though. Next Auto drivers(Bangalore), private buses, then bikers, CC Cabs and then the rest.
    Oh and in 9 out of 10 cases Vernacular number plate = Arrogant driver.
    1 person likes this.
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    My observations:

1. All SUVs: I call them "Automotive Bullies".

2. Hyundai i20/Maruti Swift: Want to "race" whenever one overtakes them.

3. Taxis: Never seem to slow down.

Special mention: Punjab Roadways buses, aka "Punbus". Their drivers must be getting training from Japan's Kamikaze
    1 person likes this.
  3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

I have seen jeeps which shuttles between places, normally in country sides and takes unlimited number of passengers to be most arrogant and unsafe of all.
    They dont care any other car/bus anything moving or still, always keep safe distance from them. Last year I was travelling from Bangalore to Kasadgodand to Bekal fort and saw some of these dangerous jeeps, one even scratched my linea even after I have stopped to give it a pass !!
    In general I feel in all places these jeeps are same.

While reading the posts I remembered the incidence sometime back in Karnataka when a Safari owner overtook a Toyota in a convoy of a Politician and got bitten up. It was all over the newspaper :). Heard similar stories many times.
    Normally I avoid overtaking any politicians car or cars looks like belonging to some big shots, if it is not willing to give pass.
    Advice the same to fellow members.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  4. carwatcher

In Goa, my list goes like:
    1. Wagon R drivers - they are large in nos. and they always overestimate themselves and their cars.
    2. Toyota Innova - anywhere in India and most of them are taxis.
  5. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Mr. Sungoa - You seem to know me pretty well from all the threads...
    1 person likes this.
  6. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Many of us sometime drive fast and rash and I am no exception. Especially if someone provoke you and you are driving a FIAT which is always capable to keep you ahead of any damn car. Before any highway drive I promise not to drive fast and not to race with anyone but sometime end up racing, nowdays to get rid of the urge of racing I usually set a target of fuel efficiency like I have to achieve 25 KMPL this time, hence I keep an eye on instant mileage and avg mileage contstantly while driving, that becomes a game for me :), since I succesfully change the context of the drive it helps me to drive better, get great mileage and a pleasant drive.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I can safely say when it comes to arrogance on the road, there is no state worse than Punjab. Not limited to one particular car/class.

Very unfortunate but true.
    1 person likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think being the Punto 90HP yes I am arrogant with Swift, i20 and Citys