1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

More Worries for FIAT INDIA?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by gopscreative, Jan 20, 2012.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    This should be more of a concern to maruti.If the govt increases the tax on diesel vehicles not only FIAT but Maruti would suffer and maruti would resort to much more cost cutting tactics! No worries for FIAT according to me cuz even their Active models are quite well built and safe.
    2 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :lol

80K:eek: too much
  3. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    I think its not going to worry Maruti too much.Petrol models(Alto+Wagon R+Omni+Swfit P+Ritz P) almost makeup around 50-60 % of its sales.
    If the supposed bill is imposed ,Will the Manufacturers diminish the price difference between the Diesel and its petrol counterparts?
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    In this way the Petrol driven cars will get the boom in sale.
    As i think the Indians will not be ready to put 80K more, rather than this they would prefer togo for the Petrol engine cars, knowing that they will have to put som penny more at the petrol bunks, and they can have a vibration free hood..
    As per the build quality goes, as said by our dear friend Pioneeraaron, maruti will compromise with the build quality of their diesel cars as they have been doing it, but FIAT will never go for it, they would rather increase the price but no compromise in the build quality.
    1 person likes this.
  5. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    I think it's time for the multi air engines to make a grand entry to India.....
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If the price increase by one lakh there will be a partial shift in interest from sedan to hatch. An the people will look for the hatch which has more sedan like drive.
    And punto D will get benefited from it because when one sit inside it is difficult to say whether it is a hatch or sedan. What I want to tell is that the shift may not be vento---> polo and rapid--->fabia. They will end up in punto too. But Iam sure that in that case VW will introduce 1.6TDI in polo.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.