1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Month for offers of max discounts

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by VIJENDRA SINGH, Sep 2, 2014.

1. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello everyone. I am planning to purchase New Linea T Jet & it would be great help if the guys here can suggest the best month for offers of max discounts for purchasing a new car. In my current situation with current Ex-showroom price, if offered a discount of 100K then by December end I will be in position to buy my ride. However a decrement of every 35K in discount will postpone the purchase by 1 month. Friends am I too optimistic to expect 100K discount on new linea by the end of this year? And how am I supposed to get the notification of any discount announced by the company?
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Some FIAT dealers was offering approx 1L for facelifted Linea and 1.3L on pre-facelift. Please check out your local showrooms.
    The best month for max offers, is traditionally, December. But, there could be some months when the new model is released etc.
    It's best to check with your local showroom..
    Happy hunting! And Welcome to TFI.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Got to know from the dealer in Bangalore that FIAT is now offering discount of 1L for the new Linea diesel (40K loyalty bonus, 30K Cash discount & free insurance). But its only for the cars that are in the stockyard. The Stockyard cars are April manufactured.
    On petrol they said there is only corporate discount
    mchanna likes this.
  5. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks a lot limraj, Ravi & Vishi.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Am i hearing right? not long ago,, there were various offers on petrol cars and absolutely zero on diesels. This I am not saying only in context of Fiat, but other manufacturers also.
  7. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    There is a double cash back offer on fiat site.
    It is also written contact dealer for details. I contacted both dealers and they are giving different offers.
    I called Toll free no and there the lady told me she has no details.
    IS THIS PROFESSIONALISM ?
    Will customers come with these vague incomplete details?
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The kind of 'customers' (in fact, dumb and risk-averse mere 'consumers') who start expolring car buying options only on the basis of 'offers' etc are.....not interested in FIATs in the first place!

FIAT should, and so they are doing under Kevin Flynn, keep the 'discounting' and 'special offering' to a somewhat minimum (whatever the 'market', in its infinite un-wisdom, requires) and hold their prices while spending on marketing and dealer-support, instead.
  9. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot - I totally disagree on this point. In today's world of automobiles you cannot say that Fiat is the only good manufacturer of car. I am also fiat lover from the days of Uno. But saying "I am the best , and people will come to me " will be a suicidal like Ambi in India.
    Indian customers think twice before spending.
    I am again telling that deals have to be given. But when you announce a deal you should mention it clearly
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Subhendusc

Well, they've been offering much more for much less (plus HUGE discounts for the last 2-3 years). It has not benefitted them at all in terms of sales, has it?

This 'offer' and 'discount' stuff is supposedly because Indians are the most paisa-vasool/value-conscious etc etc (and other such neo-nationalist myths). Discounts and offers have ONLY lead all the car makers from Fiat to VW and Skoda via Nissan and Tata and Chevy.....to further losses, with little discernable difference to their sales off-take, proving that the average Indian car buyer is NOT entirely rational and reasonable, and does NOT respond to 'price signals', the very basis of a well-functioning 'free' market.

As I said: that Indians are the world's greatest value-savvy, chaaloo etc consumers and businesspeople is just a self-flattering (capitalist) neo-nationalist myth. In fact we are extremely risk averse herders, on average, the worlds' greatest no doubt, as proven by the fact 2 firms here (MS, a tiny player everywhere else, and HY) have a duopoly, between them cornering 70%+ of the market.....and climbing. NO other car market in the world, past or present, rich or poor, has such a market structure and such consumer behaviour!

FIAT cannot discount or 'special-offer' its way to any additional, net net, even-slightly-profitable-per-unit sales, let alone growth or compete with MS, HY or Honda (together with near 80% marketshare, with the last 2 consistently offering segment-highest, sometimes extortionate prices and all three: the least discounting, 'special offers' too).

"Spend on marketing and dealer/ASS support-quality/coverage, and get one or two all-new products (eg., Abarth Punto....) ASAP (even if only by, in some cases, 2017)....do NOT discount."

It does not work in general, and has/will not for FIAT, most of whose relatively RARE buyers know their stuff enough to look past things like ostensible 'offers' and 'schemes', since they're getting great/exceptional-in-this-market engineering+design at great prices, in any case.