1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Monsoon Drive - Which place?

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ramjn, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Planning for a drive during this Monsoon and I wanted to hear which place would be ideal for driving down. I know that in some places the monsoon god will be too vigorous. So, I wanted to see which would be a better option for this Monsoon.

- Masinagudi
    - Meghamalai
    - Thekkady
    - Wayanad
    - Chikmagalur
    - Nagarhole National Park

Please throw your suggestions guys.
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My suggestions will be.
    1. Chikmagalur
    2. Wayanad
    3. Meghamalai and tekkady

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Somehow I am more inclined towards Chikmagalur/Wayanad. I need to know whether it would be drivable during monsoon.
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Good that you have started this!!! I heard that it would be too misty to drive @ chikamangaluru in monsoon. Any guys from that area could enlighten(?) us. Still I would like to enjoy that.

How about Araku valley near Vizag?
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  5. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Yeah.. its very good place. But atleast we need to spend 2 days
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Chickmagalur->Kudremukh->Sringeri

Kudremukh...is THE best during monsoon...very very scenic..something like Munnar but all natural (Munnar has tea estates)..

You can visit Baba budangiri as well...

Waynad is next best alternative...according to me
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    So, Gopi, you will be joining with me for the drive right?
    Araku Valley may not be exciting now as the Monsoon will have its show towards the Western Ghats only.

Thanks puntosat.
    So, What will be the best route to reach Chikmalagur from Bangalore? Sometime back I did Chennarayapatna-Bangalore. The road was under construction for about 20 kms and after that it was very smooth 4L.
  8. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Bangalore->nelamangala->Kunigal->Chennarayapatna->Hassan->Belur->Chikmagalur. I stayed in a hotel called Athithi which was pretty decent when i traveled in 2008.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I did Chennarayapatna-Bangalore in April this year. The initial 20 kms from Chennarayapatna was not that great because of the 4 laning work. In that case, what will be the road condition from Chennarayapatna-Hassan-Belur?

Will this be a better option?
    Bangalore-Tumkur-Tiptur-Arsikere-Javagal-Chikmagalur
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  10. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    @Ramjn

Take B'lore->Kunigal-> Hassan->Belur ->Chickmagalur rode..eyes closed... (Tiptur route is 2-lane only)

Its probably the fastest road available in K'taka right now along from B'lore chitradurga..

Its a 4-lane NH...with superb roads..and very empty...this is where I do my max speeds without any worries...

Road condition is top notch till Chennarayapatna..and the till hassan 2 lane highway(empty) ...and also good...

From Hassan...again 2-lane highway but empty & smooth...till Chickmagalur...

If u r going to Chickmagalur..plan to go further and stop at Chickmagalur twon as it is just the starting point of Western ghats in that area...

Kudremukh is a must...do not miss it...