1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Money Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 23, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Last night, as per my advice, my children too applied online for 400 shares of Coal India IPO each from their respective Axis Bank saving account under ASBA. So, the final tally is 4 full applications from my family!
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My best investment so far - Tata Motors.
    I bought it @ Rs. 135/share in Feb 2009. Now its @ Rs.1168. Now thats call an investment, 765% in less than 2 years.
  3. Ravi, you should give treat to all TFI'ians. We had a hand in increasing your share value :lol:
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Myself and my children have been allotted with 199 shares each as against 400 [maximum] shares applied @ Rs 232.75 each [5% discount for RII] as the retail individual investor category was oversubscribed by 2.32 times.
  5. Great. Even I had made money in TM but I exited and entered at various levels in the journey from 135 till 1168 :) Currently I am invested @ 1065 :)
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Great Ravi,yes,you should give us treat,as Atul says we are also reason for the increase!!!!!!!!!
    Yes,TATA is a profit making company,their major loss was with JAGUAR and only time will tell as to how they will fare in the European market with nano and Aria.
    By the way,you are all great guys for sharing info openly and not keeping it a secret.
    Pharma also would give good returns I beleive,expecially Reddys.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Myself and my children have been allotted with 199 shares each as against 400 [maximum] shares applied @ Rs 232.75 each [5% discount for RII] as the retail individual investor category was oversubscribed by 2.32 times.[/quote:2defbbqy]
    Today, the Coal India share is listed with a big bang. It is now quoted at Rs 337.30 as against the issue price of Rs 232.75 for the retail individual investors, with a gain of 45%.:wowBut, I am keeping my shares for long term! :)
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    That's great to hear Ravi ji.keep us posted about good investment options.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Bala. Sure, whenever I invest, I shall post the details here.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I bought the following scrips using my Kotak Securities online trading account in Muhurat trading this evening:

Kotak Gold ETF 10 @ Rs 1940 each
    Redington 100 @ Rs 86 each [less than the issue price of IPO]
    NHPC 118 @ Rs 31.75 each [PSU - less than the issue price of IPO]
    SJVN 100 @ Rs 24.75 each [PSU - less than the issue price of IPO]