1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Money Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Bala, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Am planning to buy USD,hoping that it would touch 50RS against a dollor before the end of the year,riding on the success of FDI bill and the impending success of pvt pension and insurance bills.
    Guys from Chennai,do you know of places where the commission is minimum(it's usually more than 80p)?,heard that Mahraja in the complex next to GRT Hotel in Tnagar is good.Id UAE exchange good and reliable???
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Bala, the rate currently is around Rs. 54/USD. How would it benefit you if you buy the USD now and it reaches Rs. 50/USD by end of the year?
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    No Ramjn,am planning to buy USD ONLY when it reaches Rs.50 to a dollor,which I expect to happen within a fortnight or so,not buying it at the current rate.With the bills passed am optimistic.
    It was 51 plus just 2 months back.
    I realize that I have confused people a bit with the earlier post,might be the 1am effect!!
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is the usual time when you are active in TFI, Bala. :D
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Nice thread!

I need to get my investments in order and I hope TFI will help me with this.

From an average invoice price of Rs.164, shares in SVC Resources are now down to Rs.3.63! I have 1640 shares! :cry: Anyone has any idea what's happening with this jhol company?!

For those looking for long term returns buy Tata Global Beverages.

Another share is Karnataka Bank. It has soared by about Rs.15 in 10 days and is still an affordable buy at about Rs.190.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I wont ask you why you bought it, at top of its price in history. This stock is just seems to be managed by few brokers.
    But its already a penny stock, just forget it. Selling it will do any good. Just sell it whenever it goes up at around 10 or so.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I bought the share at Rs.173 sometime in Jan 2010. Kept buying in small lots every few months and by Sept/October 2010 it was trading at Rs.305! Then few weeks later suddenly in two day's it crashed to Rs.100 and kept falling after that. I couldn't sell it when it started falling because it kept going into circuit locks everyday. Then sometime in March 2011 they allotted some bonus shares which helped a bit in reducing my average cost of acquisition.

Two more good shares are:

Jaiprakash Associates & Hexaware Technologies. Expert's suggest waiting for Hexaware to touch Rs.95 and buy for one month when it should touch about Rs.108.
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Amit, why did you buy shares from BSE and that too this company :p If I were you I would just forget these shares as there is no point selling it now.
    (for laughs) Just hold all the shares and you will be a board member of the company 4 years down the line
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oops. That is some disaster. I have also made similar mistake of buying IVRCL infra at a high price which is now trading at very low price.

This clearly shows the manipulation by the brokers. I would also suggest that you just hold on to the stock instead of just selling it for peanuts.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    has anybody tried the stock recommendations of Dalal Street Investment Journal? I hear that they are pretty accurate and beneficial for day trading
    1 person likes this.