1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

moment i see a vehicle my sight goes to no.plate alwayz...

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by varoon9999, May 21, 2011.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have been doing this from my school days.may be from last 10+ years...my eyes alwayz goes to the no. plate of the vehicle to check the registration of the vehicle like state/city/no.. thats the reason i have mugged up most of the registration RTO's no.allotted on the vehicles in state of himachal,punjab and bit of others state too...

i remember i had a class note book in 10th which contained only vehicles no.registered at my home town.....it was in hundreds and i remembered all the nos those days...:drinks:drinks.

even ppl closer to me have got this habit and they keep telling me about the same......

Any one else here going through the same disease??????????????????
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    LOL

I can understand brother. Same condition i "suffer" from.

My co-passengers get a lesson in the RTO codes of Punjab and a few from neighbouring Haryana and Rajasthan.

Another is that whenever i see a number , i try and find any links between the digits. for e.g 7215 , then instantly the link in my mind comes out . That is = 7215 is 7x2=14+1

I hope you guys dont consider me insane!

Cheers:drinks

Gurjinder
    2 people like this.
  3. same with me. number totals and also ite try remembering the numbers of cars with wierd mods done on them.
    also try remembering numbers of most of the fiats i see.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I just count the Fiat cars with the rest of others, Its a habit which stills continues.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ehem,
    my case is contradictory .

i cant see numbers or i am very very poor with numbers.
    cant recall my own cars number sometime, phone numbers/atm pins do not survive in my head other than one or two for which i am always anxious what if i forget.

when i see a car i find faces ,attractive,sad,angry,desperate, and all sort of emotions. i see faces, feminine or masculine faces.

poor me.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    While I do look at number plates and look for some co relation between numbers, most of the time I try to spot a FIAT and check if its a girl driving it or a boy. If its a girl, then I avoid flashing my headlights (some some of u had read about the stare I got when i flashed a punto only to spot an aunty driving it).
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    LOL Paddleshifter. I know that...

Usually I like to checkout number plates of SUVs which are mostly fancy.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Me suffers from this disease as well.... I try and find out correlation between the numbers..... not only with registration plates but with mobile numbers as well....
    Due to constant staring and monitoring me can guess the city / RTO the vehicle is registered at, in maharashtra... :)
  9. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I also do the same. When i see a no plate, i add up the no's and see whether it is divisible by 3.

This habit gets me into trouble during maths exams. Instead of dividing the no by the given no, i divide it by 3!
  10. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Interesting topic guys. When I went through this thread I knew I too had this disease - well a bit different. It's related to my Job. Forgive me if you feel bored. ;)

I'm in marketing and used to sell Semiconductor Fuses since 1996. The make was Bussmann. Now any of our member has came across these fuses they will knew that 90% of these Bussmann fuses starts with '170M' or '170L' or '170E'.... The interesting part is its always a 4 digit no. after that. Like 170M1563 or 170L9609 etc etc. I've mesmerized most of the nos with their current and voltage ratings. Now you know what I'm referring to - Yes - whenever I look at the car I normally check the 4 digits of the No. plate and try to figure out the current and voltage rating of the FUSE!!!:D
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
    1 person likes this.