1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MODEL X AND ELON MUSK, IS IT THE FUTURE

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Mabams1826, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Was floored after watching the launch of mode x by Elon Musk. How can be the CEO of such a innovative company be so down to earth.
    Great gesture at the end of launch to call the early buyers and hand over them the key, if only our PM can bring Tesla to India for Make in India campaign...

Watch "Tesla Model X Reveal" on YouTube -
  2. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Mabams1826

Agreed that the Ceo is down to earth but not agreed that Tesla should sell car in India.
    A nation devoid of enough electricity to run all its villages powered and you want to run cars with electricity. Forget it.
    I hope you have seen the supercharger scale in USA and China through their website an tell me you do not have enough power to run a petrol pump through electricity and you need to fire up a dam generator to run a pump to fill in your car tank. Now what will you do when you have to charge your car. First you will burn fuel in generator convert that to electrical energy and then charge your car and convert electricty to kinetic energy. Better to convert directly burning fuel to kinetic energy in india.
    I do not see any point running a electrical car in India as of the time till we have sufficient electricity.

Your MAKE IN INDIA misconception
    I think you are not following the Indian economy quite closely or you are not associated with the Ground reality.FYI Indian manufacturing industry which is the backbone of the country mostly constituting SME and MSE are facing a tough time. Just try to google the article of Mr. AM NAIK head L&T and you will see even L&T is also facing the hardship and on the verge of selling its stake.
    Read another article by World bank head on chinese steel industry and just hitting the economic collapse and another on FOXCON changing chinese future.
    You are seeing everything with a short sight. As far as Make in India is concerned it is a Flop and it will be a flop Our shree Honorable PM is trying to make only selected few rich and not trying to take india to a good future.
    I wll Bolster the fact IRONY
    A indian Car company mostly trusted as the Village Heavy riding vehicle can't even make a trouble free SUV and was awarded the Helicopter deal to make helicopter for defense.God be with those innocent pilot.
    Have a visit to HAL, DRDO, DGFT,DMRC and you will see their design and development capability.It sucks.
    I know I will Get a lot of bashing on the Forum for writing so blatantly but the truth will always be the same.

As far as Tesla is concerned no doubt a wonderful company with brilliant idea of bringing 6000+ Li ion cell together to generate enough voltage but trust me if we apply our head then for India there are better options to generate a power wall like tesla.
    Our Governments be it any has devoid us to think for some research but make everyone busy to make his and his family life comfortable or for some unfortunate ones both ends meet.

I have no intentions to hurt anyone's feeling and MOds are free to remove my post if they think it is against the Rule.
    BUT the Truth will always Prevail.
    SACRIFICE IS THE FOUNDING STONE OF CONCRETE FUTURE
    we have a live Eg to learn USA
  3. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Huh ! .. I am not sure what is the policy of this forum for regarding political comments but it seems that you suffer from severe phobia of one individual who happens to be our PM. I hope sense prevails and someday people start looking at positives, which are aplenty unlike other moron politicians, instead of spreading negativity everywhere. Anyway this is not related to the thread

I was going through some of the youtube videos related to Tesla. Found very interesting ones not just related to Tesla cars but also Tesla Powerwalls. They are doing some amazing work. I hope they start their plant in India.
    Enjoy some of the crazy videos.
    *Warning : Language*

Insane acceleration
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mod Note: Guys, keep the politics out of discussion. Please stick to the Tesla product topic only.
    Revv and asimpleson like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I agree people can refrain from making remarks for and against personalities involved in politics.

OTOH, since the topic has risen if we are going to increase power plants that split atoms, might as well move towards EV and infrastructure needed for the same. And it will always be a challenge for any government to fight the industry and their respective lobbyists to make the drastic changes that can really hurt long term automotive investors in this country. FDI may suffer and so can investor confidence due to these sudden changes, unless government/s ensure packages to industries to negate losses due to policy shifts.
  6. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Tesla's India plans (if at all ) is mainly focused on batteries/powerwalls where we can store and utlize electricity in an extremely efficient way..
  7. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    I think this will be amazing opportunity for Tesla and India too. During my engineering days (Somewhere around 2010) I worked with an SME for my final year project which was related to rural electrification with solar energy. I was deeply shocked to see the number of villages which were without electricity. To give you an example, there are couple of villages which are just about 80km from Pune but there is no electricity.
    Your comments are very valid. I think there is no immediate danger posed by EVs to existing auto industry. Even in US, Tesla sells about 40K cars against industry giants who sell about 10 million.
    Saji Babu likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is already a trend to hybrid. And as things go efficient, the percentage of EV use to fossil might tilt and become much more better that it is today, justifying the higher costs too perhaps. Frugal engineering will pave the way.
  9. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Well, after a long hibernation this thread has come alive, just read yesterday that our PM is going to gift to electric vehicles for MPs to commute to the parliament. Well both the buses are powered by batteries made by DRDO. So ,I won't buy the argument that we lack knowledge. What we lack is political will, the amount of revenue gov is earning through taxes in fuel is extraordinary especially on India.
    So, they need to think about an alternative.
    Talking about rural electrification, Tesla powerwall is definitely a breakthrough.
    In fact our PM was more interested in that rather than EV when he visited Tesla factory.
    A remote rural village with enough sunshine can be ideal to erect couple of super chargers which can charge the powerwall used by everyone.
    With pollution in Delhi forcing drastic measures and resolution in Paris summit is an indication, who knows fossil fuel powered vehicles will be history in one or two decades even in India....
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015