1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Modding Punto MJD E+ (3.5 years+)

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by arj.jain, Sep 25, 2013.

1. arj.jain

arj.jain

india
    Dear TFians,

I have a Bossa Nova White Punto E+ (MJD) which has just gone in for repair work which includes the following:

1. Denting / Painting of 3-4 parts (Both bumpers, Boot, Fenders)
    2. Clutch Kit replacement
    3. Brake Discs replacement
    4. Brake Pads replacement
    5. Other Minor repairs / replacements

The estimate give for this is around 25k. This is just for information for those willing to go in for the aforesaid jobs.

Coming to the mods I want to carry out (in stages), considering the warranty is expiring in about 4 months anyways, are as follows:
    1. Seat Covers - I currently have black and grey art leather ones which lasted me a good 3 years (bought them for 3k - from Saket, Delhi). They have started cracking now and thus the replacement need.
    2. Black top / checked (chess board) roof (something like the mini cooper) and matching ORVM's.
    3. Bonnet and Boot stripes
    4. Projector Headlamps with DRL - my query on this is simple. What is the durability of HID's / DRL's, etc. HID bulb's didnt last me 2 months on my previous car.
    5. Painting the front grill to black / any other suggestions

Awaiting my car this weekend and will start on the mods. Looking forward to the group's advise.

Cheers!!
    Arjun
    1 person likes this.
  2. I have brought bull LED DRL for punto from ebay,this is flexible.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Sat,

have you fixed these DRLs? Please do post some pics of the same.
  4. arj.jain

arj.jain

india
    Bump!

My Punter is back and how!! Looks as good as new, but for a few minor scratches on the ORVM's.

Urgent help required for the following aesthetic mods to be done this weekend:

1. Carbon Fiber stickers on ORVM's.
    2. Carbon Fiber Stickers for A&B pillars.
    3. Arm rest between front two seats. Is this good enough? (link: http://www.ebay.in/itm/<wbr>Universal-Big-Car-Armrest-<wbr>Centre-Console-Hand-Rest-<wbr>Black-For-Fiat-Punto-/<wbr>251071781675?pt=IN_Car_<wbr>Accessories_Parts&hash=<wbr>item3a750b5b2b&_uhb=1#ht_<wbr>2681wt_802)
    4. Black roof sticker - Carbon Fiber or glossy black
    5. Stripes decal for Bonnet, boot and both bumpers (after blacking out the roof)

Looking forward for quick replies to aid me in the aforesaid mods.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    For Armrest instead of going to aftermarket, go for Linea's armrest. This is perfect fit in our Puntos.
  6. arj.jain

arj.jain

india
    Thanks Rishi! Will check it out. Any idea on the pricing and also availability of carbon fiber stickers in Delhi?
  7. arj.jain

arj.jain

india
  8. Fixed and removed. Went another brighter one which sits in the grill.
    Will post the picture during day time.
  9. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    HID bulbs durability depends on the type of bulb and more importantly which balast you select for it, If you really intend to get a projector set-up then I would suggest the following
    1. CNlight 35W 4300K HID bulb (No other bulb can match the quality and output of this one)
    2. Hylux or Philips 35W ballast, you can opt for the error canceller one as well (Hylux makes ballast for Philips so its the same manufacturer)
    3. Morimoto or FX-R Bixenon projectors - you can source this from http://www.theretrofitsource.com

A word of caution, do not buy local projectors or the ones which are made in china. The quality of the projector is important and chances are that you would end up spending on something worthless at the end of it... remember cheap ain't quality and quality aint cheap!
    extr3mex likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    For Linea's Armrest you need to spend around 3.5K and a DIY. :)