1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

[MOD] Colouring the Avventura logo on the cladding

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rohan, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Rohan

Rohan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,
    The Avventura is such a great looking car that doesn't require any of the mods. Actually, Fiat is too good at designing and dressing up the car that it looks complete and unique unlike any of it's competitors.
    However what i found missing compared to the concept model is the siliver-ish colour filling on the side cladding logo of the Avventura. So decided to give it a try for a DIY.

Things you need:
    1) Aerosol spray, silver colour (Recommended)
    2) Masking tape/Surgical tape
    3) A paper cutter/Pair of scissors
    4) Newspaper
    5) Petrol or any other cleaner
    6) 2-3 pieces of cloth
    7) An Avventura :finger::p

1) Clean the Avventura logo on the cladding with a cloth dipped in petrol.

2) Start masking the logo in this manner.

The basic idea is to cover the surrounding area other then the logo.
    Use newspaper to cover and protect the surrounding paint as the spray could damage the finish of the body paint.

3) Test the spray on a test area like newspaper away from the car, if all set, spary the above highlighted area.:rolleyes:
    Caution: Do not overspray the paint. Keep it even and maintain a distance of atleat 20 cms for a good spray.
    The result will be something like this:

4) The spray is now complete and let it dry for 10-15 mins.
    Remove the newspapers first. Then very carefully lift the rest of the tape.

5) After removing all the tape it will still have rough edges to the paint like these:

6) Now take a cloth with edge dipped out of petrol and using your fi ger clean the edges.
    This step can be avoided if you mask it perfectly, which is time consuming.:angelic::nailbiting:

7) After removing all the extra paint, use some vinyl liquid to remove any white marks out off the cladding.

8) Final Results:

That's all!
    Thank you for reading :)

P.S- Please don't mind the oil spills on the floor, it's not the Avventura:p:D. A 96' Zen is the culprit here! Maybe Uno a bit. I wouldn't like it to be anyways!
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Looking good. Good job there!
    Rohan and prabhjot like this.
  3. Rohan

Rohan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you sir.
  4. teja

teja Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    looks cool. can you also post photos of the full car from side too..
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    That is a very well conducted experiment. It really looks good. You just gave me a wonderful idea. My wife is a painter and has done paintings on various surfaces. Let me ask her if she can do the same thing too.

Cheers. Me likey that silver boost.
    abhinav_nani likes this.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    It's looking good. Very nicely done!
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Looks nice, and even if it didn't small DIY experiments are great!

It looks especially good since that would be the only silver-coloured bit in any of the cladding/bumper/'skid plates'. A silver touch against a dark contrast.

All other 'cross-overs', including the Duster and even the Ecosport with all the chrome up front, use showy-bright silver to excess. Including 'staid' VW on the Cross Polo, not to mention the good-selling Etios Cross.

Fiat kept it 'manly?' dark grey-on-black....to some considerable damage to their sales figures I am afraid, since in India at least we seem to like even our crossover/'suv'-s to have the bling effect silver/chrome brings.

Fiat tries to be aesthetically 'authentic'....and suffers for it!

You've restored it to the AutoExpo version of the Avventura early 2014: that had 'Avventura' embossed in silver if I remember right? Great, very very likeable!

Rohan likes this.
  8. Rohan

Rohan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Ya sure, as of now i don't have a good pic!

Definitely, it isn't tough for a DIY guy.

Thank you for the appreciation.
    I think Fiat has done a great job except the missings like this silver embossed logo, dual exhausts and projectors.
    Since nothing else then this mod was possible, i tried this.
    One thing i have noticed is that Fiat being a carmaker, doesn't make concepts, if it does then the production version is quite similar to the concept.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    very good work
    Rohan likes this.
  10. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Looks good.
    Rohan likes this.