1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

mobile phones discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Jun 13, 2011.

1. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Got an iPhone 4 last saturday!!:dancing Awesome and very very smooth.Colour is Black,Storage 8GB and 5GB for iCloud. Got it for Rs.27,700 including the black Leather cover and the Phone.

@Gurjinder-Why dont you have a look at Blackberry Playbook? It does not sell very well but it is nice to use and reliable.
  2. If Samsung does release the Galaxy s4 in indian market by next month, it really makes sense to wait for the release as prices are likely to go down after a new product is launched.
    Note should satisfy your evry need, note 2 has better battery life which I prefer very much..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4

WAITT!! Play safe, better late than sorry or as any of such other sayings that go!!

Here is the catch - Samsung galaxy 4 is rumoured to be launched on March 14 2013 in New york as opposed to London(last year). Always good to go for the latest product as it would have high resale value in the near future.

PLEASE NOTE : i am not a samsung fan hence recommending a samsung phone is not in my list.(atleast at the moment;) )

I would suggest you go for IPhone refresh scheduled for the second quarter!:!:

ANNEX -
    [ ssshhh ...rumours doing the internet round suggest that samsung is apparently having production problems with 1080 p 5" AMOLED displays hence might opt for LCD with Solux backlighting and..
    there are heat issues with Exynos 5 Octa processors :firey hence sammy might rope in Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset for the upcoming phone.:evilsmile ]

by the way if you want android os only...then whats wrong with recently launched HTC one (M7) or even the IP 57 certified (water& dust proof) Sony Xperia !!!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Guys Samsung being at the top with highest (over 3 million note's) handsets sold over the globe is currently working on a new OS called Tizen for the next release unlike the andriod which is also popular now.
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    check these two tabs in the 15 k price bracket- (both are from reputed brands as well hence make good as a gift)

1) Lenovo A2107 Tablet (INR 14,000/-)
    7 " screen
    1 GHz Single Core Cortex A9 processor
    1 GB of RAM

2) HCL ME Tablet G1 (INR 14,999/-)
    9.7" screen
    1.2 GHz Dual Core Cortex A9
    1 GB of RAM

Note: the reason single core 7" is expensive coz Lenovo is an international brand whilst 10 " dual core HCL is Indian.

Read the following link for in-depth review of the same.

LENOVO
    Lenovo A2107 Tablet Review

HCL
    HCL ME Tablet G1 Review

- - - Merged Post - - -

yep its been picked up from their earlier venture of Bada OS which they have discontinued !! ( i am a Bada user ;) )
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Which version of Bada? My dad has a Wave GT S-8500, which came with Bada 1.0. In January, I updated it to v2.0. Though the user interface is better, the battery life has reduced drastically. Is there any way I can revert back to Bada 1.0?
  7. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    (Safe method) you will probably take it to an samsung authorised service center and tell them to format it to original condition.

OR (DIY method)
    enter the following code on your phone
    *2767*3855#

This code is used for factory format. It'll remove all files and settings including the internal memory storage. It'll also reinstall the phone firmware.
    PS: This code will delete all your contacts, call records, etc. without confirmation. Make sure you backup your data before performing this action.( as the phone will not ask for any confirmation before executing the process!)
    Also make sure you have enough battery charge or else you might end up bricking your phone if the battery runs dry during update.

1 person likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not bad - check out the Lava IRIS 501 - 5 inch screen should help in viewing maps and internet.

But if all you want from the device is navigation, then a basic navigator from someone like Mapmyindia would be near that price bracket as well.

Cheers.
  9. Thank you... I'm looking for an internet device also so a mobile itself is what i need... and google maps is pretty much ahead compared to mapmyindia in terms of maps database depth :)