1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

mobile phones discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Jun 13, 2011.

1. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    :eek:fftopic didnt find any appropriate thread to post this query, thought of posting it here. Whenever i browse TFI on my Nokia 5800 GPS Edition, the site opens in the old format only.

FYI. I have cleared the Cache & Cookies, but no luck the site still opens in the old format, apart from this there is no problem in browsing..

Any suggestions..!!
  2. there is no thread for other os seperately..
    Your query..
    Use opera mini 6. Its better than the stock browser on the phone.. Also delete all the items once. Restart your phone and delete again. Hope this helps.

Mods- why not make this a mobile query thread and change the title...
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm using Opera Mobile 11 on my 5800 and it runs in the same format as on the PC. Plus i can view the site in the "mobile mode". So do give Opera Mobile 11 a try.

Gurjinder.
    Sorry for the OT guys! :p
  4. advices and discussions of various mobiles and its problems and any other issues of any os except android will be discussed here..

leave the android thread for android os only

gurjinder
    opera mini is fater to load pages than the mobile version.its light on the memory even. the only porblem is that the websites which can open in mobile view alos open in pc mode with this thing.
    also ucweb is another option.
    its faster than opera. but it being chineese made has some small issues
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The problem with speed is more on the part of the ISP than with the browser.

At peak hours ,the ISP is unable to handle all the users and consequently data transfer rates suffer.

During late evenings/nights/ mornings, browsing on the same Opera Mobile is lightning (relatively :p) fast on the 5800. And its a pretty robust browser.

Gurjinder.
    P.S. No offence, but the introductory post in this thread should be a bit more crisp.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  6. i use 2 phones. both with the same isp.
    one with mini and other with mobile
    i feel mini is faster..
    thats up to you.

OT
    gurjinder ji pm me what to do to the first post. will edit it out
  7. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    @Srikarat & Gurjinder, thanks for the inputs guys. I will try out the Opera browser..!!
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am using BlackBerry Storm 9530. I am new to Blackberry.

Is it possible to use internet on blackberry without buying Blackberry Services. :)
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Planning to buy Google LG Nexus 4 Android phone, from US. Cost ~20,000 Rs.

Any suggestions?
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I'm also looking forward to it. How is the availability?