1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mobile phone to an in car media center?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by theblack, Apr 29, 2013.

1. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    I've fitted out a 7 Inch IBall slide Android (a great buy at 11 K!) to my Linea. Options to connect :
    (a) Bluetooth : Switch to ADP2 BT streaming on the HU and Tab using MXPlayer-
    (b) Aux In : Connect the Tab and HU using a Aux cable ( I have Aux In in my After Market HU)
    (b) FM Transmitter : Set up the FM Transmitter on the tab (iBall has it) and tune in to the frequency indicted by the tab.

Of course the BT option is the best to go with.
    I'm still figuring out a way to have a proper 'stand' to fix my tab somewhere on the dash so that - (a) it doesn't interfere with other controls (b) The viewing angle is such that it doen't need me to take my eyes off the road.
  2. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Guys, Kindly post some pics!
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok i've decided to pick up MMI and that 4.3" screen should suffice as a media device as well.
    Only drawback would be the batter life.
    Once i lay my hands on it I will try to source a higher capacity LI-ion battery that is being used by MMI.
    Hopefully that should serve the purpose
  4. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Battery life should not be an issue if you are able to charge it using a car charger (eg. USB charging from Cig lighter). Once you have your charger cable connected, you don't have to worry about battery life at all!