1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MJD vs Petrol + Hows the deal for MJD Active at 5.4 Lakhs

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by gauravbfss, Oct 6, 2013.

1. gauravbfss

gauravbfss

Delhi
    Hi All,

My current usage is nearly 10Kms per year. May expect an increase as I may prefer using this car to travelling to office daily which is nearly 50Kms.

I was eying Ecosport but thanks to long waiting period, thought of choosing ACTIVE Varinat. I did not like the MJD Sound post 2500 RPM and it felt heavy like hell unlike the ES Diesel mill. Yet thinking for going for it as loads of people here are crazy about it and it felt well built. Also it is a Diesel at the price of Petrol.

Few Questions:

A) Does MJD has siginificant efficieny advantage over petrol to Justify 70K premium.

B) I am getting discounts of nearly 95 K on Active variant with On road price in Delhi of 5.48. Not negotiatied yet. So expect a further discount of 5K or so.

C) Whats the efficieny figure of Swift Petrol nearest rival? Read it being close to 20. Doubt that!! Petrol delivering 20 in a city?
    Please share your view guys. I am in a hurry...

Alternatively, I have an option to pay a premium of 50K and get Ecosport.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. If you drive at speed of 70-80 kmph,mjd can give 22-24 kmpl. That number os hard to achieve in petrol.
  3. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    5.48 on road for Active.. that's too good to be true. what is the Ex showroom price ?
    Took one in kerala and it came to 5.75L in Aug.
  4. Delhi car prices are the chepaest in the country.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    At 5.48 OTR and 50kms daily office commute, it's hard to look at petrol. Forget cab and enjoy Punto everyday.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats mileage is too good to be true. I drive sedately, but havent got anything about 20kmpl. I guess in my case the engine is yet to be fully freed to achieve the said mileages.

Gaurav - If you need a hatchback, then dont look any further than the Punto MJD. The swift mileage quoted may be for highway driving, city driving mileage may be surely lesser than that.
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    It's achievable.

It all depends on the road/traffic and the driving style. I took a Punto 76 to a village through bad roads and everything and still I was surprised to see 20kmpl. During the trip to Delhi in PaddleShifter's Punto we got 21.xx kmpl. Had we driven at 70-80 all the way up and down 23kmpl+ would've been easy.
    1 person likes this.
  8. I can take bet if you are willing:) . i have got even better numbers than what i have quoted.
    Reason is i know my car and i take care of it.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks guys. Should I assume these figures are without AC or with moderate usage of AC?
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    The figure I quoted above during the Delhi drive was with AC on all the time and set at 22 degrees. :)
    1 person likes this.