1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MJD Turbo details

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Fiatophile, May 28, 2013.

1. Hi,

Anyone here care to share the details of the MJD turbo's.Both the conventional and the VG.Interested particularly in the manufacturer/supplier and tech details i.e. Boost psi.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    MRP difference of TVS manufactured turbo chargers :

1.25L FIAT ENGINE Fiat Palio Multi Jet / Indica vista Quadrajet, Punto MRP Rs 12600/-

V/s

1.25L MULTIJET(90PS) Linea, Manza. MRP Rs 32490/-

Notice the difference in costs, its more than double !! What is contributing the Cost to be more than double ?
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    FGT vs VGT sir. And that difference makes the 90HP variant more expensive than the 75 hp one. Simple!
    4 people like this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Search Variable Geometry Turbocharger on google. You will get to know why it is expensive. It is a very complicated piece of kit.

The normal FGT ones are the same mundane pieces since decades now, hence cheaper.
    1 person likes this.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    FIAT uses poor Indian quality turbo.
    While other manufacturer use better quality Garrette & KKK brand
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    why do we think that all Made in India products are of poor quality!! this is more of a mindset than reality.. it might have been true couple of decades back but our country has progressed a lot since then !!
    3 people like this.
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Oh Yes, i was being silly....after reading so much about the difference in other posts.... Still it Didnt register in my head :(
  9. Is the FGT turbo used by all 1.3 multijet engines the same one irrespective of DDIS, multijet, Quadrajet etc engine?
  10. Shamis

Shamis Timido

My GP 1.3 MJD (2009) Emo Pk, needs a new turbo and extended warranty denied by Fiat. Can any one suggest from where to buy and get it replaced. Oberio Motors, Noida quoted Rs. 20,000/-. Inputs required.
    Thanks in Advance