1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MJD or TJet Plus?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by acechip, Dec 16, 2011.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

I dont think it is available for public. Unless one has official reasons to visit the premises..I have been to TML passenger car factory. Saw first hand how a sheet of metal transforms into a car..very very interesting indeed.
  2. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Yaas i also want to see hows car making!! ( i watching NATIONAL GEOGRAPHY , DISCOVERY but they shows Bmw , porshe etc. which are in foreign factory , i want to see hows indian factory)
  3. royj

royj Esperto

There was a FIAT factory visit by TFI members in Dec 2010. May be they will allow one next year.
    1 person likes this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Getting a PDI done for TJet Plus . Will use the checklist. The car is reported to be of May-11 make. Any issues with this you see?
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

May/June 2011 models are the latest ones for TJet plus. None were manufactured after that. Just do a thorough PDI and you should be good. Satyajir and djnish both have got May models and there are no issues in their cars
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

did a pre-PDI for a TW TJet+. The car was good overall, but pointed out a couple of things like

1) rust on the discs - they said it goes by spraying anti-rust
    2) a small paint spot chipped on the rear wheel arch..(1-2mm)..
    3) roof lining seemed to be a bit spongy in one corner (compared to another Linea in the same location)
    4) a rubber liner around one door hinge was loose

Do I need to do underbody coating & wax ? Forum members report that Fiat manual says its not needed.
    Showroom person said that the factory coat treatment did not cover all surfaces. Can you please suggest before I go ahead?
  7. drifter

drifter Regolare

Never spray anything on disc other than brake cleaner. Otherwise it will react with the pads. The idiot who told you this should know that all steel disc rust.

Just drive it with the rust on. It will not harm the discs or pads.

Under sealing is always a good idea, but make sure it gets a good steam clean before.
    1 person likes this.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Congrats on getting a good TJet. Rust on the discs is nothing to worry about and can be ignored. Get the paint job done before taking delivery. All Linea's seem to have the rubber lining issue. The dealer can correct it before delivery

Enjoy your TJet by flying it high!!
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    There is no rust on brake discs. That thing is oxidation layer that appears on cast iron soon after coming in contact with moisture. You'll see orange discs whenever you wash your car. And its so quick that it appears even before you are finished washing the car.
  10. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

As others have pointed out, you seem to have received a piece in good condition. Point 1 is not a problem. 2/3/4 are minor surface issues that the dealer should be able to correct before delivery.
    If you are convinced about TJet over the MJD, you can buy it immediately.

Regarding the facelift, I have heard from "reliable" sources that the facelift in Tjet would only be in terms of features like rain sensitive wipers, some interiors, and higher ground clearance (or maybe, a firmer suspension?). My experience so far suggests that TJet does not face a ground clearance problem. So, don't see much point in waiting for the facelifts if you are getting a good discount.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011