1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MJD or TJet Plus?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by acechip, Dec 16, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I definitely don't think so. Fiat will not discontinue the Jet.
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Well according to my calculations for the current price scenario, for a running of 12k kms per year, the cost of T-jet will be INR 53424 and of the MJD will be 24723.

That means the T-Jet could be dearer to you by about 2400inr per month, and about 3k per month according to your exaggerated prices.

Go for what your heart desires, otherwise you may think and ponder the two most dangerous words in history "What if...."

Also Fiat won't discontinue their flagship, and even if they do, most of the parts are shared with other linea's so there isn't a problem.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

Today I did a TD of TJet. We covered mostly city traffic (pune) and little bit of the bypass. I was observing the ACA readings (avg consumption ) and this was showing about 7.8 kmpl at the start, and increased to around 8.3 kmpl by the time I did my test drive. The trip A distance covered was about 150km before we started, and I drove for around 12 km after that. I asked the SA to re-set the trip so I could observe the FE number in city driving, but we couldnt get the settings right.

Finally, she tried to convince me that people do get between 11-12 kmpl in city, and 15 on highway, and 10 kmpl for the first 5000km. She pointed out that the demo car had not done first service yet. Would like comments from TJet owners on this.

Also, there was some kind of seat belt malfunction indicator (not the regular seatbelt sign)..:mad: which she was unable to explain. This is where they should really improve.
    Another example, different car:I did a TD of Vento Diesel Highline some days ago, and that car started flashing glow plug warning:eek:..the car was literally panting on a slight incline on the Bangalore bypass..so much for the 250NM torque..later i read that this is a sign that the TCharger is not operating..essentially the Vento had turned into a NA diesel for the duration of my TD..Totally unacceptable IMO for the fact that customers are paying 10Lac or more for these cars.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

TJET is the way to go.

The Test drive vehicale would be drivin by different people with different driving techniques, testing all the capabilities of the car from acceleration to braking. So looking at the FE of a Test Drive vehicle is not the correct Picture.

In terms of FE, the last 600 kms of my JET without AC (Delhi Winters) is giving me 14.1 kmpl. This is proper city driving, with numerous traffic jams, no high revving, and sedate city driving.

In summers, with AC on, similar kind of drving will give you anywhere bertween 12-13.

If you move towards aggressive driving, lots of overtaking, high revving, the FE will drop to any where between 10-12.

The least FE I have got was for the first 200 kms and that was 9, since then its always been on the UP. Since the first and the 2nd service, the FE has continously got up.

Please go through my Ownership Thread in the TJET section, and you will have almost all the answers there.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

TJet + all the way. This is one car which will bring smile after every drive.

Engine gets better as you clock the miles. I have not come across single problem in my last 11 months of ownership

Initially my Jet returned only < 9, post first service I have seen 12 in the city. Highway I have seen 18 KMPL. Mileage there are no worries in the newgen FIAT Engines.

Today I saw one Bronzo in my locality. A Big RED L Board sign is seen, but the way the car is driven i doubt on the L Sign. Saw three times in a single day
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Where are you located?
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    My TJet+ gives around 12 km/l in city. That's a very respectable figure for a petrol vehicle in its class.
  8. Satyajit

On my second highway trip, she returned 14.xx, with about 700 odd kms on the odo. I've posted the pic on the mileage thread here

My dilemma was similar to yours even though I was sold on the Jet since a long time. I followed the heart :)

Go for the Jet!
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

Not far from where the Linea is made !:)
  10. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

are the fiat india allowed to us see factory?