1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MJD or TJet Plus?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by acechip, Dec 16, 2011.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

Hi Puntoans and Lineites,

My first post to the forum-starts with a query. I am looking at buying a new car, and want to choose between MJD Emotion+ and TJet plus.

My annual running would be 12000km . I am moving on from a DZire VDI- which essentially is serving me very well (absolutely no complaints at all, 19+ kmpl mileage etc)

In the MJD, I experienced a sturdier and stabler version of the DZire (similar power characteristics, familiar MJD sounds)..The TJet was , of course a sublime experience.

Its therefore a heart over head problem. I am getting a fantastic TJEt offer (lower than MJD). Question is which one to go for, considering my annual driving, and I generally have a sedate style..though I would love the occasional (80-120kph) punch , just for kicks..
    But I have also been closely following up on reports about pre-delivery niggles, poor fit/finish etc, and that has me somewhat worried.:confused:. and i hope that my initial euphoria of buying the car would not turn into an underwhelming experience overall.
    Any suggestions ?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are having a trouble free ownership of Dzire VDI and you are absolutely happy about it. Why do you want to change your car then? Or is it going to be your second car? If it is second car, I would say it has to be T-Jet.
    1 person likes this.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    As ramjn questioned you, will this be your second car and will you retain the Dzire? If you are retaining the DZire then the TJet is the one to go for.

In case you are selling the DZire then wait for the facelift which is due in a couple of weeks. See the features in both and then decide
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Please move tgis thread to in 'what car' section , for better answer...
    If u want power + 16'alloys + dont affrad with low milege , then u should go with T jet+ ( aditional t jet have little good interior/fit / finish than mjd)
    and choose mjd , if u want better milege than t jet .
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

I would have done that, but I am told that the offers will not be there for the 2012 models. Although some offers will certainly continue, I dont think there will be a 1.75 lac offer , or a 75K offer in case of MJD..And I am told that there may not be much changes on the engine/powertrain front anyway. Please correct if that is not the case
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are right. There are lots and lots of speculations on the facelift.
    But, my thought is there won't be any major facelift. They may be providing few more additional features+increased GC on Linea. If you are too concerned about the discounts, you should go ahead with your purchase now.

You did't answer my question. Is it going to be your second car?
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    2012 models will not have a discount. But 2011 models that are unsold shall definitely have a discount and it wont be less than what is going on at the moment, it can only be more. Only catch is that 2011 models should not be sold out by then. AFAIR the Fiat offer clearly states that offer valid till stocks last.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

This is going to be a replacement
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ok. Then, you may have to consider the MJD seriously given the fact that you will be running it 12k per year. If you are not too much worried about the running costs, its T-Jet all the way.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

I figured out that my running cost of TJet would be about 2000 Rs extra per month over 5 years (at exaggerated petrol prices of 85Rs, diesel prices adjusted to around 55 accordingly).

My main concern about TJet specifically, is that if Fiat suddenly decides to discontinue the model from 2012 onwards because of low sales, T Jet users may be sorta left in the lurch wrt spares etc, coupled with the already-somewhat-iffy service.
    And so the pleasure of using the Jet may be shortlived.

Do other JET owners share this concern ?
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011